ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

job opportunity but no right to work

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lolo82
Canada

job opportunity but no right to work

Post by lolo82 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:24 am

Good evening,

Last Friday, I ran into a friend who advised me of 2 job opening in his company that I would be well suited for. the jobs close September 17. I advised him that I was unable to work as I applied as unmarried partner and I could wait until december for my RC. I dont believe I'm able to even submit my cv as I hold no right to work.

Basically, I would like to know if I have grounds to request urgent priority from the ukba as I applied originally Feb 20, the Ukba took 6 weeks to validate my app, on the same day I rang re: my coa, I received a letter asking for more evidence but told in the letter to REAPPLY with a new app, therefore reseting my 6 month wait. I had been advised of a job in my previous company that I worked in but lost that opportunity due to resending my app.

I hope I don't come across as contriving ways to push to the front of the line, so to speak. I would just really like to be able to apply for this position as it is very similar to my last job and truth be told, I'm going stir crazy not being able to work. [/quote]

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:25 am

What stops you from trying? No harm in making the request.

lolo82
Canada

Post by lolo82 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:18 am

Thank you for your reply jambo. Would the request be emailed, faxed or phoned through? I have received an email from my friend this morning with the job specs for one of the jobs. Am able to forward that on the the Ukba.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:41 am

I would go for "all of the above" option. Maybe one of them would reach the CW....

lolo82
Canada

Post by lolo82 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:56 am

i will try all avenues and see where it gets me.

lolo82
Canada

Post by lolo82 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:30 pm

I am slightly concerned that writing to request Urgent Priority will make the caseworker dig their heels in :( ah well, dont know if you dont try.