ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reg PO order for Tier 1 Extension fees POE

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

meetravi

Reg PO order for Tier 1 Extension fees POE

Post by meetravi » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:40 am

I am planning to take Postal order for the fees to be paid for me and my wife(dependant) HSMP Tier 1 extension. I want to avoid the debit card mess if there is a problem on the POE day. Could some one let me know what the postal order in favour should be? I would like to know how much charge for taking a postal order of 2800£? could we take it as together including me and my wife Tier 1 extension fees or need to take the PO order seperately.

Thanks in advance.

tier1_aspirant123

Post by tier1_aspirant123 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:59 am

Please spend some effort on reading the notes on application form.

If you have already read it, i would suggest reading it again, this time more carefully:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... l-form.pdf

and a simple search on google will give charges as well:

http://www.google.co.uk/webhp?hl=en&tab ... stal+order
Tier1 Aspirant

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Reg PO order for Tier 1 Extension fees POE

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:07 am

meetravi wrote:Could some one let me know what the postal order in favour should be?
As above.
meetravi wrote:I would like to know how much charge for taking a postal order of 2800£?
Check at a postoffice.
meetravi wrote: could we take it as together including me and my wife Tier 1 extension fees or need to take the PO order seperately.
AFAIK, a postal order can only be for 250 quids max. So, to cover 2800 quids, you will need multiple postal orders.

Alternatively, consider using banker's draft.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tier1_aspirant123

Post by tier1_aspirant123 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:33 am

yes Bankers draft will be much cheaper around 20 quid and less tedious as well as it will be one cheque unlike 11 postal orders in your case!
generally you will need to apply for a draft day before at the bank.
Tier1 Aspirant

meetravi

Post by meetravi » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:34 pm

Thanks a lot guys for your reply. I will surely check the bankers draft as an option.