ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Official name change after MN1 application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Monasheikh
Newly Registered

Official name change after MN1 application

Post by Monasheikh » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:57 am

Hello All,

I made an application for BC under MN1 (3) for my son on 26.6.12 who is 3 years old.

I now need to change his name officially (for personal reasons), which will require it to be done via a Deed Poll.

There are several online websites which claim they can change name legally for as little as GBP 4.50, however I am unsure if this is relaible and acceptable by all Governmenr bodies in UK.

My questions are:

1. Does anyone have an experience of changing their own name/child's name via Deed Poll and if so what is the best way to do so?

2. Should I forward the CHANGED NAME details or Deed Poll Document to Home office whilst our application is under consideration so the BC Certificate can be issued in new name?

or will this complicate or extend the processing time?

3. If I change his name officially and wait for BC outcome (as per the current name) then can I apply for British Passport with the official name change documents?

or will this complicate passport application as name on BC certificate and Deed Poll will be different?

4. Or should I wait for BC, apply for BP ( all under current name) and then change name and apply for a fresh BP?

Please if anyone has had an experience with changing name in UK officially and can kindly share their suggestions, I will be thankful.

Thanks,
Mona

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:11 pm

Does child's father agree to the name change?

Monasheikh
Newly Registered

Post by Monasheikh » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:47 pm

I have sole parental responsibility.

Mods/Sages/Gurus any advice please?

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:03 pm

Sole responsibility does not mean you can change child's name without father's agreement.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:14 pm

It really would have been neater to change the name before submitting the form MN1 !

As regards :-
I now need to change his name officially (for personal reasons), which will require it to be done via a Deed Poll.
-: my comment is .... not necessarily. You could change her name by making a Statutory Declaration. That is what my wife signed, to change the name of my step-daughter, for example so that we all had the same surname.

Given that you submitted the form MN1 only last week, I would get the Statutory Declaration (or Deed Poll) done soon, then submit it to UKBA in Liverpool, with a request that the Certificate of Registration be issued in your daughter's new name.
John

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:27 am

Not advertising a site, but there is some relevant info to the query.

http://www.ukdp.co.uk/name-change-child-absent-father/

Msf
Newly Registered

Change name

Post by Msf » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:50 am

John, will it delay the BC application approval if name is changed between ILR and BC application.
Also if we change the surnames in between, do we have to change every where, HMRC, Banks etc, before applying for BC.