ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA3 and CSI

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fmdddv
Mood:
France

EEA3 and CSI

Post by fmdddv » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:52 pm

Hi all,

I read the many post on EEA3 and hoped to find an answer to my question, however I wasn't so lucky.

Could someone kindly help with my query?

I am a french citizen and have been residing in this country for 18 years since 1994. I would like to make an application for EEA3 for the period of 2001-2006 while I was a student and also working part-time. My question is, does CSI still applies if I was working while studying? (I never had CSI and I qualified as a home-student at university. I received a student loan and also worked P/T)

I never applied for a RC while studying, and the only reason why I need confirmation of PR now is so that it would be easier to acquire a British passport for any future children.

Thanks before hand for your replies.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:08 pm

Any reason you want to use 2001-2006? If you work, there is no need for CSI even if you are also a student. Would be simpler if you use the last 5 years (if you still work).

fmdddv
Mood:
France

Post by fmdddv » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:22 pm

Thank you for the prompt reply Jambo.

Until about 2 months ago, I was a stay at home mum. I was made redundant from my previous position in late 2009 and decided to start a family with my husband. I am now self employed.

In my previous job, I was lucky to only work half the year hence why I do not think UKBA would accept this period.

I understand that I would have to prove that I still reside in the UK over the last 6 years. I plan to do this by including utility bills.

My application would consist of a letter from my university stating that I was a student between 2001-2006, as well as P60s and bank statements to demonstrate that I was also receiving a wage from P/T work. Would this be sufficient?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:31 pm

If you worked during your studies, there is no need for the letter from university (you don't need to explain why you worked p/t). would be simpler just to say you were a worker during that time.

Make sure you explain in a cover letter that you claim exercising treaty rights for 2001-2006. Just so it is clear to the HO and they don't get confused and reject the application.

fmdddv
Mood:
France

Post by fmdddv » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:37 pm

I assumed that there was a minimum amount needed to be earned in order to apply as a worker. Isn't that the case? You can imagine that as a p/t worker while at university I wasn't earning so much.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:03 am

There is no minimum amount. The work needs to be genuine and effective. An hour a week for £10 is not enough but you don't need a lot to be considered a worker.

As a student, you don't really need much to live by.

fmdddv
Mood:
France

Post by fmdddv » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:22 am

Thank you Jambo, I will do as you advised.

Hopefully, the process will go swiftly and I will be able to report back with good news.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:34 am

The PR Confirmation would only help for future children claim for BC. Your current children are most likely also British but you will need to provide proof to IPS if you want to apply for a passport for them (in addition to their French one).

fmdddv
Mood:
France

Post by fmdddv » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:46 am

Yes indeed. I went through the process with IPS for my son last year & he was granted a british passport.

However, the process was long and daunting as IPS claimed that the 5 continuous years needed to be just before my son's birth (in my case 2005-2010) and that I needed to earn a certain amount per year.

After back and forth communication exchanges with IPS and a call to the UKBA nationality department confirming that what I was saying was in fact correct, IPS admitted their error and granted my son's british passport.

As I didn't seem to get the same advise from the different people I spoke to at IPS, I thought applying for PR would solve the confusion for future children.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:32 am

It is not the first time we hear this (wrong) view from IPS. Getting PR Confirmation would make it simpler in future.

Be aware that you can send your ID card instead of a passport. EEA3 applications normally nowadays take about 2 months.