ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for husband's visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

skstar

Post by skstar » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:16 pm

It is 27 working days.MON-FRI

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:48 pm

It's just a habit of mine of over analysing things, i just turned 20 maybe thats why! Lol
My dad is doing everything so i'll tell him this tonight and hopefully he'll agree and just get the solicitor to do everything and send off documents

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:02 am

Also i want to ask when you fill out the form things that you have to submit with your application there will be a question on there asking something about the english test.. what would i write?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:37 pm

LoveMyBaby786 wrote:Also i want to ask when you fill out the form things that you have to submit with your application there will be a question on there asking something about the english test.. what would i write?
Personally speaking I think you are wasting yours as well as other peoples time, because in another post you have now asked about bringing your husband on a visitors visa, whereas you have posted some 8 times on here about a spouse visa.

You need to make up your mind which procedure you want to follow and follow the advice of your solicitor whom you are employing to do the work. He should tell you all this without you needing to post on here :roll:

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:39 pm

could an admin close this thread please, we've decided not to rush anything and our solicitor is helping us out with everything so id rather close this thread and concentrate on looking at a visiting visa for the time being, thank you

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:08 pm

Look I hope you don't think I am being hard on you. I am not. I am giving you an opinion based on facts.

It is unlikely you will get your husband a visitors visa before a spouse visa, because as soon as your husband states that he is married to a Brit citizen,it is very unlikely that he will be granted a visa in view of what one my colleagues has stated in the other post. The ECO will not believe that your husband will return back home after the visit, no matter whatever information you provide to them.

If he doesn't declare that he is married to a Brit citizen ( You) on visitors visa application, he could face problems if and when he eventually applies for spouse visa ( because he will have lied). If he is refused on visitors visa, then that will have serious implication when he applies for spouse visa .If you are not careful you are going to dig yourself such a big hole, that you will not get out.

My advice is to forget visitors visa and apply for spouse visa before new rules kick in. If not then you are going to have apply under new rules sooner or later.You will have no choice left. If you cant fulfill teh requirements of new rules, you may have to live with your spouse in the country where he resides.

I am not going to respond to your posts in future,because I don't want you to think I am being to harsh on you with my comments.I know you are a young lady and its a difficult situation you are in, but you need to be decisive in your decision making.Good luck whatever you do though and I hope you are reunited with your loved one :wink:

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:24 pm

I understand what you are saying, i dont think your being too harsh but whats the point of having a family visiting visa if they think the spouse isn't going to return? They should just cancel that visa then so obviously there must be some way that a husband can come visit his wife, or vice versa. My solicitor said it would be fine to get a family visiting visa. I wouldnt like on my application as I know how much of a risk that is.
I am going to apply under the new rules now as it seems even if i did apply now they wouldnt make a decision until 27 weeks (according to UKBA site) because of the rush and then when i appeal it'll take even longer so either way he wouldnt be here anytime soon.

Anyway its okay i didnt mind what you said, this is just what we have decided now, will just have to wait and see what happens, inshallah things will turn out okay :)

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:43 pm

LoveMyBaby786 wrote:I understand what you are saying, i dont think your being too harsh but whats the point of having a family visiting visa if they think the spouse isn't going to return? They should just cancel that visa then so obviously there must be some way that a husband can come visit his wife, or vice versa. My solicitor said it would be fine to get a family visiting visa. I wouldnt like on my application as I know how much of a risk that is.
I am going to apply under the new rules now as it seems even if i did apply now they wouldnt make a decision until 27 weeks (according to UKBA site) because of the rush and then when i appeal it'll take even longer so either way he wouldnt be here anytime soon.

Anyway its okay i didnt mind what you said, this is just what we have decided now, will just have to wait and see what happens, inshallah things will turn out okay :)
In certain countries visiting visa are issued in situation like yours,but in Pakistan, it is very rare or never for reasons of trust.

laith2012

Post by laith2012 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:37 pm

i think you have wasted time you should apply for spouse visa before 9 Jul .
good luck for your hubby in visit visa but he has to show strong ties with his home country and he is genuine visitor to the UK .

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:23 pm

LoveMyBaby786 wrote:Hello when going to your appointment in Pakistan to submit documents for spouse visa can you pay by cheque?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Alif1

Post by Alif1 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:04 am

sushdmehta wrote:
LoveMyBaby786 wrote:Hello when going to your appointment in Pakistan to submit documents for spouse visa can you pay by cheque?
Yes, according to the UKBA website you can pay by cheque. A bank cashiers cheque, not a personal cheque. The website says "You can pay your visa application fee by Demand Draft payable to the "British High Commission, Islamabad" or a cash payment (Rs) at the bank counter when you attend your appointment at a visa application centre". See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English

HOWEVER I would advise you NOT to pay it by cheque. My wife tried to pay by cheque and Gerry's staff refused to accept it; saying that it did not have the correct bank stamp on the front. You will have less hassle in Gerrys office if you pay by cash in my opinion.
Application submitted: Lhe 19.04.12
Application Forwarded to Isld 19/04/12
Under Process at BHC: 07/05/12

Peace, love and best wishes to all.

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:54 pm

Okay thank you for the advice :)

angelkhan

Post by angelkhan » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:42 pm

Send ur pappers of why r u delaying nd ur solicitor has nuffin 2 do with the certificate these solicitors jst create mre problems Nd jst b quick bs send dem of I believe it cuz ur pregnant dats y u r making up questions and answers so dnt stress nd b quick abt it jst admit it nd den wen they ask abt the certificate jst say u 4 gt to attach it good luck

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:47 pm

yeh we've decided to send the documents off, my auntie is going pakistan on thursday so sending them with her, thanks everyone :)

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:45 am

hello i want to ask a question. I have all the documents ready to submit. The solicitor didnt put in a photocopy of my husbands bank statement, letter of employment etc things to do with his work.. my husband has all the original documents with him in pakistan. when he goes for his appointment should he ask the people do they need a photocopy of these as well and if they do will he be able to photocopy them there at the appointment?

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:57 am

yes plz, prepare the photocopies or ask those people to get it photocopied..however, they will charge u more money than the regular one i believe....
Spouse Visa Applied at VFS Delhi: 5th Sep, 11
Refusal Recvd: 4th Oct, 11
Appeal Lodged: 21st Oct, 11
Hearing Date: 2nd March, 2012
Appeal Allowd: 23rd Mar, 12
Call Letter Recvd: 2nd Apr, 12
VISA GRANTED: 3rd Apr, 12
ILR Granted: 12th Sep 2014

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:01 am

Okay he basically has original copy of bank statements and a letter from his employer, i'll get him to photocopy these himself and when he goes in to hand the documents to tell them one set is originals and one set is photocopies, they can put it in the right order themselves cant they or will husband have to do that before handing in the bundle of documents?

ruuh

Post by ruuh » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:39 am

LoveMyBaby786 wrote:Okay he basically has original copy of bank statements and a letter from his employer, i'll get him to photocopy these himself and when he goes in to hand the documents to tell them one set is originals and one set is photocopies, they can put it in the right order themselves cant they or will husband have to do that before handing in the bundle of documents?
Although it isn't in the rules that you have to put your documents in a coherent order before submitting the application, you should really do so because you don't want to give a bad impression. If your husband puts all the documents in order then it won't look like you left everything to the last minute and then ran out of time. Surely it can't take more than 20 minutes to go through all the paperwork and order them. Please remember, there are many many applications the High Commission has to process. If they have to spend time making sense of what paperwork you have submitted, then a) it gives a bad impression, and b) they could make a mistake in the ordering (they are human after all), which could affect the decision. Additionally, by ordering the paperwork himself he will be sure he has included everything. I would have thought this is an obvious thing, but we don't all think the obvious when under stress. :)

gali1982
Newly Registered

Post by gali1982 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:35 pm

hi

did your husband manage to get his certificate?? or are you submitting without it.

angelkhan

Hi

Post by angelkhan » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:49 am

Haven't u sent ur papers yet if u haven't them be quick abt it

angelkhan

Post by angelkhan » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:57 am

Just make sure u have an appointment with the embassy were u r going to submit ur case because if u dnt u wnt b able to do so good luck inshallah ever fing will be okay jst pray 4 other b4 us self and ask Allah to grant other peoples visa b4 ur nd inshallah ur hubbys visa will be granted very soon cuz Allah love it wen u ask him for something I prayed 4 u on shabe baraat that ur application gets sent as soon as posable nd mashallah it has happen due to allahs mercy so pls pray 4 me 2 cuz I am really stressed abt some ting just hope every thing goes fine I only have one wish in my heart nd inshallah if Allah wills it will cme true asap just as ur pappers dua came true Allah ka shukar hai x [/u]

Alif1

Post by Alif1 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:34 pm

angelkhan wrote:Just make sure u have an appointment with the embassy were u r going to submit ur case because if u dnt u wnt b able to do so [/u]
You DON'T need to book an appointment in advance. If you use the Gerrys permium service. Just go to their office and pay them Rs 3000, and they will let you in to do biometrics and submit the documents.
Application submitted: Lhe 19.04.12
Application Forwarded to Isld 19/04/12
Under Process at BHC: 07/05/12

Peace, love and best wishes to all.

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:55 am

Sorry for the late reply, my internet was cut off for 2 days :/

Anyway I am happy to say Allah has answered my prayers and we have finally submitted the documents yesterday, I feel so happy we've got this off our chest now insha'Allah the visa will get accepted.

I hope for everyone and will make dua that all your visa's also get accepted.

We submitted without the speaking test certificate but husband managed to get the office to print him off something else which was evidence that he passed his speaking test and they stamped it for him so we submitted that in place of the certificate.

Thank you everyone for all the help :)

I just want to ask one more question, I know i have already posted this in the benefits section but have had no response so far, I was wondering now that I have submitted documents I have taken maternity leave. I am eligible for Maternity Allowance, will I be able to claim this now? I didnt write on my documents when I would be taking maternity leave etc.. but would it be a problem if I now start to claim maternity allowance for myself?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:45 am

You're entitled to claim Maternity allowance without this affecting your application.

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:48 pm

Casa wrote:You're entitled to claim Maternity allowance without this affecting your application.
Thank you :)