ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa with KOL required endorsement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chinahand46

New LUK Test

Post by Chinahand46 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:51 am

My wife has just received her UK Entry Visa and we will be moving to UK at the begining of August. Her 27 month visa carries the usual 'KOL Required' endorsement.

Could someone please advise me which LUK Test she will have to take and, perhaps more importantly, what happens if she does not pass the LUK Test. Will her existing visa be extended and, if so, for how long ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:21 am

Life in the UK Test
Changes to the test curriculum on the anvil.
If applying for settlement after October 2013, the applicant will also be required to provide evidence of English language proficiency at B1 level (in addition to LITUK test).
Family migration changes announced - updated wrote:from October 2013, requiring all applicants for settlement to pass the Life in the UK Test and present an English language speaking and listening qualification at B1 level or above of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages unless they are exempt;
If for any reason your wife does not qualify for settlement, she may apply for an extension of leave before her current leave expires. If such application is approved, period of leave granted will be in accordance with the immigration rules (285).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Chinahand46

Post by Chinahand46 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:09 pm

Thanks for your reply.

If my wife is only applying for an extension to her existing visa will she still need a B1 English Certificate or will her existing A1 Certificate be accepted. ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:15 pm

Whatever may be the requirement on the date of such application. Currently, that's A1 level.

Mirolf
Newly Registered

Post by Mirolf » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:50 pm

Hi Chinahand46

We are planning to apply this week for a Settlement Visa and hoping to get "ILE KOL Req".

I appreciate it if you tell me what did you about the accommodation.
I have rented a very large studio flat(400 ft excluding Spam and bathroom) and I have a tenancy agreement for this commencing 01 August 2012 plus photos of the property-this is for a short period of time till we find a better accommodation. I can rent another studio if needed. What do you think? Shall I rent another one or go with one only. Space wise this studio satisfies the needs.
Also, did you have a job secured before you applied. I have a job secured but will start at the end of this month.

By the way, whoever has any advice on my worries please let me know.

Thank you

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:18 am

Why on earth would two people (huband and wife) need or show to UKBA 2 flats to live in?

Mirolf
Newly Registered

Post by Mirolf » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:44 am

Why on earth would two people (huband and wife) need or show to UKBA 2 flats to live in?

Asim72
it is not only us husband and wife, we have two daughters, 1 year and 3.5 years old. That is why I thought we rent two studios.

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:16 am

Will give you a hint. There is no need to provide photos of accomodation. Providing photos might actually do harm rather than any good. There is no need to mention that it is a "studio" flat. It can simply be mentioned as "flat".

You are starting a job, but do you have some savings to show that you can support them until you start getting wages? Have you got employment contract?

When is your wife submitting appication?

Mirolf
Newly Registered

Post by Mirolf » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:40 am

asim72
Will give you a hint. There is no need to provide photos of accomodation. Providing photos might actually do harm rather than any good. There is no need to mention that it is a "studio" flat. It can simply be mentioned as "flat".
OK. So I put down as a flat not mentioning the number of rooms and ECO will not find out that it is a studio.right. This will save me some money by the way.

We have around 13000 GBP in savings + my brother is prepared to give me any 3rd party support if needed.
I also have a job offer in written with contact details. Actually it is my brother that is offering me a job in the company that he manages.

She is planning to apply tomorrow or the day after at latest.

By the way, is it necessary to write a Visa covering letter? If so, can somebody supply me with the template please.

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:01 pm

It is not necessary to submit a covering letter with visa application.

I think with savings of £13000 and firm job offer and contract, third party support won't be required.

Don't you think that you are very last minute. Its only 3 working days till new rules come in and here you are asking about accomodation, income, job etc etc. These things should have been clarified well in time. I hope you have all other documents ready and can make a valid visa application in time. If you are unsure, I would suggest that you quickly run to a good immigration advisor, list every document that you intend to submit with visa application and see if anything is missing.

I have no practical knowledge of making such applications myself, but what I have gathered is that the date of application is the date when the payment is made for the application. Payment method vary from country to country. So, if the payment is not made before new rules kick in, then you will be stuck for a visa.

Mirolf
Newly Registered

Post by Mirolf » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:23 pm

Asim72, you are right everything is very last minute. I could not help it, circumstances were as such.
I have all the documents needed and that can prove our relationship. The only thing that was/is a bit worrying me is the accommodation.
By the way, in the VAF4 section 8.6 there are question like:
8.6.4 How many bedrooms are in the property?
8.6.5 How many rooms are there in the property not including Spam, bathrooms, toilets)?
If I don't mention the "Studio flat" but only the word "Flat" than I suppose that should put in
Section 8.6.4 - " 2 Bedrooms"
Section 8.6.5 - "1 room"
correct me if I understood you wrong.

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:26 am

you answer honestly . Usually studio flat would not be large enough for a family as it is one room .
Mirolf wrote:Asim72, you are right everything is very last minute. I could not help it, circumstances were as such.
I have all the documents needed and that can prove our relationship. The only thing that was/is a bit worrying me is the accommodation.
By the way, in the VAF4 section 8.6 there are question like:
8.6.4 How many bedrooms are in the property?
8.6.5 How many rooms are there in the property not including Spam, bathrooms, toilets)?
If I don't mention the "Studio flat" but only the word "Flat" than I suppose that should put in
Section 8.6.4 - " 2 Bedrooms"
Section 8.6.5 - "1 room"
correct me if I understood you wrong.
pennyless

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:08 am

Agree with penniless,

One studio apartment is not enough for 3 people. (children under ten are classed as 1/2 a person).

Now, what view eco takes about your particular situation, I honestly do not know. Not sure if renting another studio is good, or renting another property with 2 rooms is good.

Do not hold me to it, but a letter from close family, like your parents, if they have big enough house, saying that they will accomodate the applicants until a suitable accomodation is arranged might be a good idea.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:01 am

See also overcrowding.