ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I’m preparing a spouse visa, Is this enough?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

moogle333
Newly Registered

I’m preparing a spouse visa, Is this enough?

Post by moogle333 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:42 am

In the New Year I plan to go to South Africa to marry my fiancé, I am British and she is South African. We plan to apply for a spouse visa while I’m there.

My fiancé was in the UK for 2 years on a working visa, she then tried to get on her ex boyfriends ancestry visa as unmarried partners but that was refused and she appealed which was also refused, because she could not provide enough evidence.

We have known each other for about a year and got together last summer. I have filled out the VAF2 form and written a letter of sponsorship saying how I would like to sponsor my wife (when I hand in the form she will be) I also said how many friends and family she has in the UK how easily she will find work and how we just want to be together. The evidence is separated into sections with the following titles

Section 1
VAF2 Form

Section 2
Evidence that you are legally married to each other or are in a civil partnership recognised in the UK

Section 3
Evidence your husband, wife or civil partner is present and settled in the UK

Section 4
Evidence you both intend to live together permanently as husband and wife or as civil partners

Section 5
Evidence you have met each other before

Section 6
Evidence that together you can support yourselves and any dependants without any help from public funds

Section 7
Evidence you have suitable accommodation, which is owned or lived in only by you and your household, and where you and your dependants can live without any help from public funds

Section 8
Evidence your husband, wife or civil partner is not under 18 and you are not under 18.

The evidence I have so far is

Wage slips for about 3 years.

A letter stating my pay is protected and a letter stating I have worked for my current employer for 5 years.

I will have our marriage certificate when we get married.

I will also have my divorce certificate when it’s issued (on 26th Jan)

Both out passports.

Utility bills with my name on and utility bills with my fiancés name on and my address.

Pictures of us together, I also plan to include some pictures of the wedding.

A long print out of SMS messages we sent each other.

Bank statements showing my earnings and direct debits.

A print out of an excel document with my monthly incomings/outgoings on.

Letters showing the purchase of my house, pictures and layout of my house, council tax bills that show it’s only me and my fiancé that live at my house.

Both our birth certificates.

Do you think this will be enough? I have about a month to prepare anymore evidence so please feel free to suggest anything that might help.

Should I include our CV’s mine is pretty good but unfortunately my finaces is a bit short.
I also thought about including letters from friends and family stating how they know us and how they support our marriage, but do these hold any weight?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:04 am

Looking good. Do ensure that the Decree Absolute is an original as produced by the Court, and not a mere photocopy of it.

And the marriage procedure in SA, no doubt you will need to produce your Decree Absolute to prove you can remarry, but do the authorities there retain that Decree Absolute in their records? If so do ensure you get at least two copies of the Decree Absolute produced by the Court. I think additional copies are just £1 each.
John

moogle333
Newly Registered

Post by moogle333 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:33 am

Thanks John, I never would have thought of that.

Its amazing I have a folder full of evidece but when you wright it down it doesnt seem like much.