ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstayer, Any possilbility of amnesty in the future

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Merdok
Newly Registered

Post by Merdok » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:39 pm

In regard to amnesty.. Now l think it is really forthcoming..

My lawyer has got some connections in IND.. and as you saw from my situatoin, with no prespectives whatsoever, HO cannot decide on my case, it is still 'await further consideration', and l cannot even get married, this makes me nuts out of despair, l picture like hunting down one of those and explain him/her in person that lm a human being (l know where they park their cars, and l've got a car myself, would be easy to chase them up)..

Anyway, sorry for deflection.. My lawyer has got this info that amnesty is to be in place somewhere in January next year..

And now look for yourself:

5 December 2006

Dutch grants amnesty to more than 30,000 asylum-seekers
http://www.workpermit.com/news/2006_12_ ... eekers.htm

Now, if u will remember, once (summer this year) HO said amnesty is possible.. but then backed off saying that this only would be in place before the introduction of ID cards..

14 June 2006
BBC: Migrant amnesty 'not ruled out'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5076546.stm

And now look here:

20 December 2006
UK may compel foreigners to register identity data by 2008
http://www.workpermit.com/news/2006_12_ ... igners.htm

And the last point - this year HO introduced an extra cash reward for those who would volunterily leave the country - 3000 pounds. For this, one should have applied before the end of October, and leave the country before the end of this year!!!!

Rawling

Post by Rawling » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:40 pm

Hi Merdok,

Are you serious about amnesty. It seems to me sometimes you are like half joking mixing it with a lot anger. :lol:. I know we are talking about serious situation concerning me, u and Mr Bleak_Future.

But you make me laugh a lot when you tell bleak_future your future is not so bleak. :cry:

Even thought i am down to one meal a day and very poor diet. I have to laugh now and again. My budget is £20 a month. It is challenging. We shall see what is gonna happen. Anyway that's life.

I think UK would do well to give amnesty to people who are hear without serious criminal offense and who have been here for long time.

And use that money which have been saved by amnesty (billion of pound) to invest in strictly border control.

Another altenative would be to Deport all illegals or shoot all of us. That way they can start will clean sheet. Whatever is cheaper option for them. That will stop a lot of problem for the government and II.

There is no point to have over 500,000 people without right to work. Get rid of them or give them right to work and some sort of limited visa so they can make money to pay for their ticket at least we can have dignified departure.

I try to ask for that £3000 which you mention but they say it only for failed asylum seeker and they don't get £3000 but only £500 here and apparent £2500 when you give them your business plan in your country.
Last edited by Rawling on Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Merdok
Newly Registered

Post by Merdok » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:13 pm

Hello Rawling,

Not a hint on a joke! All of it 100%. U cannot make limey feel for you just complaining u live for a 20 a week. They dont care. They will only make amove when they need it. Now they need to introduce the ID cards for foreigners, as a preventive measure against terrorism.. But what they gonna do about half a million living in shadow.. Being cornered, many of them are up to something!!! Having travelled here under a track, having risked their lifes, being in depts of tens of thousands, they just go maniaks.. Me - an example..

All is true. Another example - a friend of mine was reporting to a police station every week (they made him ware an electronic tag.. if they try to stick this thing to me, I'll break their legs).. Moldavian, been here for 7 years, so he approached the coppa and said he wanted to go.. And you know what? The coppa started to talk them off, like just wait to see the end of yr case, just couple months.. And this is despite the fact the fella has commited violent attacks, involved in fights, drugs, drink driving.. (but no more than that, this is why he was waring the tag)..

So long

Rawling

Post by Rawling » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:33 am

Hi Bleak_Future,

From which source did your mother hear this news about amnesty early next year?

Regards,

Rawling.

Rawling

Post by Rawling » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:49 am

Hi Merdok,

I think the goverment will have to do something but the problem is with media. How can government compete against sustains attack from The sun, Daily maily, sky news, daily star, bbc and the likes.

If you hear any news about immigrants is always negative. Somehow i don't see this government offer amnesty. As they wouldn't want to lose support of these newspapers and tv.

As you these days politics is all about image (spin).

The other thing is more there will be more immigrants come in from new EU members state from January. This will excebates the situation.

Assume as much as Polish come over. There will outcry from the public. Which will make things even tougher for a lot of us.

Stay positive Mr merdok and Mr Bleak_future regardless of whatever happens in the future.

Merdok
Newly Registered

Post by Merdok » Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:02 am

Rawling wrote:Hi Merdok, How can government compete against sustains attack from The sun, Daily maily, sky news, daily star, bbc and the likes
The Sun? Owned by a Jewish expat?? Read by lumpen builders of South East and London starting from the page 3? Despised in Liverpool and Leeds? Oh, come on.. Daily Mail? Michael Hovard during his last compain was so down on immigrants, perpetuated by Daily Mail, that he forgoten that just his grands came here as ILLEGAL immigrants! When confronted he couldnt deny this, and said, yes, that is actually the case!

Despite all this rubbish from the lower class, there are compelling reasons why amnesty should be enforced. You can read all about them here:

Recognising rights, Recognising political realities
The case for regularising irregular migrants July 2006
http://www.jcwi.org.uk/news/RegularisationReport.pdf

The other thing is more there will be more immigrants come in from new EU members state from January. This will excebates the situation. Assume as much as Polish come over. There will outcry from the public. Which will make things even tougher for a lot of us.
Well, for the very reason u named. A flood of new labour, who think that this land is made of gold.. they will start working for 2/h.. Many of 'unregulated' will be forced out, left with nothing, not even able to buy a tick to home land? What are they to do??? Many will start to vegetate for 10 a week, but as many wont!! If one know where the boss lives, where he parks the car, keeps cahs, keys, etc... it is tempting, especially when u r hungry!!!!

And I am not biased against anyone in this immigration issue. I like all of those who came, Polish is no exception. In fact, when I was reporting to police, I am the only one white fella, and everybody stares at me (now they gonna figure out who I am :-) And l know my situation by far not typical, most of them are economic migrants (I stayed with them in the same asylum accommodation, detaintion centers, recreation centers, etc..). So what??

Polish wont stay long. In fact, neither me!! To be honest, I swear, I wont stay longer than just to gain some funds to make my way to Canada or States, countries that are much more hospital to immigrants who just want to work!!
Stay positive Mr merdok and Mr Bleak_future regardless of whatever happens in the future.
Sorry mate, thanks for cheering up, but l cannot afford this, as l nead o be real.. By the way, u mentioned uve got a bird.. So marry her!!! I told u, as an overstayer u can do this! Ask a lawer, 30 quid, or CAB for free..

I have already crossed the line, although still hope to b out of the shadow.. But now I am so pissed off that they didnt allow me to get married, that I am gonna do something about it. V for videtta! Why they can be married, and me not???? I swear I'll make their and my Xmass more fun!!!!!!!!!!

Rawling

Post by Rawling » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:16 pm

Certainly there are a lot of compelling, humanitarian, economically and security reason why there should be amnesty as you mention.

Also that link have got excellent report.

If anybody think this issue through that is only best solution available.

Eg When they introduce biometric ID for all immigrants the idea is to account for all immigrants. But what about these £500,000. They need to be accounted for in the system.

Otherwise the whole exercise is meaningless.

Is it seems this government follow agenda set my media instead of setting agenda. Most things are calculated in order to win election and be ahead on opinion polls. There is need to look tough so as not to lose ground to opposition.

Anyway time will tell.

Merry Christimas

Merdok
Newly Registered

Post by Merdok » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:20 pm

Hi Bleak_Future,

From which source did your mother hear this news about amnesty early next year?

Regards,

Rawling.
Yes, would you please confirm your saurces mate!!!!