ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Doubt regarding absences abroad. Please, enlighten me

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fcaldas
Newly Registered

Doubt regarding absences abroad. Please, enlighten me

Post by fcaldas » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:39 pm

Hello everyone,

I hold a T1 visa and been living in the UK for 1 year and a half now.
My employer has assigned me to a project outside Europe and they want me to be there for the next 6 months.

They have granted me one flyback per month, meaning, I will be in the UK for one weekend every month.

I have asked them also to provide me with a letter stating that my presence in that project is very important and would bring benefit to our business here in the UK.

I am leaving all my things in a storage for the sake of saving money, but I believe that this is also bad, as it can prove that I have not been living in the country.

Would my situation negatively impact on my ILR application 3 years from now? What do you guys think?

Kind regards,
Felipe

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:11 pm

As long as your company has a strong business case and you are paid / taxed in the UK you shouild be ok.

However, to be very safe you should also demonstarte your continuing ties with the UK e.g. rental payments, council tax bills being paid whilst you are away. This is not a must but would defenitely help.

fcaldas
Newly Registered

Post by fcaldas » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:13 pm

Yeah, I thought that too
Problem is that my landlord asked us to leave the house right when I am already out of the country, so I am quickly moving everything I have to a storage... I will be back to the UK in about 2 months, and then I could find somewhere else to stay.

Thanks for the inputs