ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payslips/Bank Statements/Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rik.13.in
Newly Registered

Payslips/Bank Statements/Extension

Post by rik.13.in » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:43 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply for my Tier 1 extension and have queries regarding my previous earnings. Now I have got my first tier 1 before 6th April 2010 so old rules apply to me. Currently, my payslips show gross salary above £80k and my net salary at £42k. My gross salary has got various other elements which over complicate the whole payslip, in addition to that it also shows my allowance but this I receive in a different bank account than I am planning to show for my extension. Hence, I have got below options:

1) Claim points on net pay £42k which will match exactly on both payslip and bank statements
2) Claim points on gross pay £80k but show bank statements only for £42k. To explain the total gross pay is complicated.
3) Claim on £80k and show two different bank statements. Other bank statement I have to show will be in USD.

Can someone please advise on this scenario in order to avoid any complication/delay during my PEO appointment.

Also, this is my first extension, can I get another extension after this one expires? If so, how many times can I take extension.

Thanks in advance for your valuable guidance.

Regs,
Risul

shargaur

Post by shargaur » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:05 pm

I am planning to apply for my Tier 1 extension and have queries regarding my previous earnings. Now I have got my first tier 1 before 6th April 2010 so old rules apply to me. Currently, my payslips show gross salary above £80k and my net salary at £42k. My gross salary has got various other elements which over complicate the whole payslip, in addition to that it also shows my allowance but this I receive in a different bank account than I am planning to show for my extension. Hence, I have got below options:

1) Claim points on net pay £42k which will match exactly on both payslip and bank statements
2) Claim points on gross pay £80k but show bank statements only for £42k. To explain the total gross pay is complicated.
3) Claim on £80k and show two different bank statements. Other bank statement I have to show will be in USD.

You have to show Gross salary, deduction and net salary in payslip. This net salary should match with bank statement.

Can someone please advise on this scenario in order to avoid any complication/delay during my PEO appointment.
It would be better to go PEO looking at your complexity. You can better explain the situation to CW.

Also, this is my first extension, can I get another extension after this one expires? If so, how many times can I take extension.
yes, you can get another extension. As such there is no clarity on how many extension one can have.

Thanks in advance for your valuable guidance.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Payslips/Bank Statements/Extension

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:24 pm

rik.13.in wrote:Also, this is my first extension, can I get another extension after this one expires? If so, how many times can I take extension.
You can extend you visa as many times as you wish, so long as you meet the PBS criteria at the time of the extension.

With regards to previous earnings, it is the Gross Pay that's relavent towards the points calculation. You will need two sources of evidence, Payslips and Bank statements are fine. The net pay on both of these should match. And obviously the Gross pay you are claiming points for in your application form must match what's stated in your payslips.

rik.13.in
Newly Registered

Post by rik.13.in » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:45 pm

cs95tdg wrote:And obviously the Gross pay you are claiming points for in your application form must match what's stated in your payslips.
If I put gross pay than this will match with my payslip and my form. But the total gross pay includes payment for allowances which is received in another bank account which i will not be including in the application.
To simplify see below:

Gross Salary - £100
Gross Allowance - £50 (Paid in another bank account)

Total Gross - £150

Tax - £20 (on salary and allow)
Allow - £50 (allowance considered as advance, hence deducted)

Total Deduction - £70

Net Salary - £80 (this matches up with my bank statement evidence)

But the question still stands as to on what amount I can claim the points Total Gross £150 or Gross Salary £100 or Net Salary £80.

Note that even if I claim my points on net salary i will get 45 points awarded for it.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:05 pm

rik.13.in wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:And obviously the Gross pay you are claiming points for in your application form must match what's stated in your payslips.
If I put gross pay than this will match with my payslip and my form. But the total gross pay includes payment for allowances which is received in another bank account which i will not be including in the application.
To simplify see below:

Gross Salary - £100
Gross Allowance - £50 (Paid in another bank account)

Total Gross - £150

Tax - £20 (on salary and allow)
Allow - £50 (allowance considered as advance, hence deducted)

Total Deduction - £70

Net Salary - £80 (this matches up with my bank statement evidence)

But the question still stands as to on what amount I can claim the points Total Gross £150 or Gross Salary £100 or Net Salary £80.

Note that even if I claim my points on net salary i will get 45 points awarded for it.
From your response I presume you have read the Application form guidance and determined that the £50 allowance is not a valid salary component that you can use as part of your previous earnings.
If so then what you should use for your previous earnings is the Gross Salary of £100 (which excludes the allowance).
You appear to be slightly confused about what the net pay is used for. A CW uses this to verify the earnings in your evidence. It is not used for points calculation. From what you have stated it appears you have sufficient previous earnings, and also do not really require a complete 12 month period of previous earnings (i.e. Gross) to gain the required points. So all you need to do is identify the period you want to use, claim this in the application form and submit the previous earnings evidence (E.g. Payslips and Bank Statements) associated to that particular time period.

If there is a possibility of confusion about the allowance component which is included in your payslip, then include a cover letter explaining that you are not claiming this as part of your previous earnings. Additionally highlight the payslip amounts that are applicable to your application and also your bank statement to make it clear & easy for the CW to verify when looking at your application.

Hope this answers your questions.

rik.13.in
Newly Registered

Post by rik.13.in » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:47 pm

From your response I presume you have read the Application form guidance and determined that the £50 allowance is not a valid salary component that you can use as part of your previous earnings.
No, as per guidance notes this £50 allowance is a valid salary component. However, this I have received in a different country while working overseas. So what the company does is they include this in my payslip as advance in order to calculate proper taxes on gross salary, but since they were paid in another bank account they deduct this along with taxes. Hence it does make part of my gross salary but not my net salary. The bank statements which I will show as evidence will show the net salary on that payslip. If CW is not concerned as to where the allowances were received than I guess it should not be a problem?

Also, as a separate question, does it matter if I earned this money in UK while working overseas for the same UK company? I had got my first tier 1 grant with the same employer. I have not been UK more for more than 3 weeks during last 3 years.

Please advise.

tutingay
Newly Registered

Post by tutingay » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:22 pm

You can extend you visa as many times as you wish, so long as you meet the PBS criteria at the time of the extension.