ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification on SET(M) application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MisfitMeL

Clarification on SET(M) application

Post by MisfitMeL » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:03 pm

Hi guys!

I'm back again :lol:

A couple of questions for a start

1) Granted fiancee visa from 14/07/10 to 14/01/11
Entered UK on 09/09/10
Granted spouse visa from 30/11/10 to 30/11/12

If my understanding is correct, the earliest I can apply for SET(M) is 19/08/12.

Is that right?

2) When I applied for the spouse visa, we had to provide loads of financial info from my partner's side to prove he could support me etc. Do we have to do that again for ILR?
I'm working now and I'm earning enough to support myself, so I plan to focus on that with all my paperwork. I'm just curious if I still have to include all of his paperwork too.

Once again, thanks to all the mods and regulars who give their time and advice around here. Your assistance is invaluable :D

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:26 pm

1. You may apply for settlement no earlier than 28 days before 30/11/12.
2. Reading the SET(M) form will help.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

MisfitMeL

Post by MisfitMeL » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:36 am

Oh! Not sure why I thought it would be based on when I entered the UK :shock:

Thanks for the link. I shall read the form again carefully.

:D

Ged

Finance requirements for dependant on SET(M)

Post by Ged » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:51 pm

Ok, Dear Sushmehta and MisfitMel,

MisfitMel's second question raised some alarm bells in my mind as well. It seems very likely that I will be filling this SET(M) form for my wife soon if my ILR application ends up being accepted. Reading through the SET(M) guidance notes and the form itself I can see that she (us) will need to demonstrate documentary evidence that I can support her financially.

For my tier 1, I had to demonstrate that some £800 (?) had been in my bank account available over the last 3 months. I do not see on the form what kind of specific banking performance I should be demonstrating to BA to satisfy them that I can support my wife this time? Will they demand a specific amount to be there for a specific amount of time? How loaded I am expected to be?

I already satisfied their curiosity (barely) in the past about my (underwhelming) financial capacity when I took a Tier 1 dependent visa for her. Will I have to do exactly the same?