ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-one Extension - Sole-trader status

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

almo81
Newly Registered

Tier-one Extension - Sole-trader status

Post by almo81 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:38 pm

Hello,

A few months ago, I have resigned my job and became a sole-trader.

I must now submit my extension to my tier one (originally given in 2009).

I intend to claim that I have earned more than 40K£ in the months of april-December 2011 (When I was earning a salary) , and did not bother going through the more complex process of proving income as a sole trader. ( I have noted that the rules state that income can be claimed for 12 consecutive months within the previous 15 months.

The question is : Would NOT claiming any income in the past few months count against me in some way?

Thank you for your help.

tier1_aspirant123

Post by tier1_aspirant123 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:27 pm

as per the rules it is not necessary that you should be working for all the 12 months of your earnings period. if you can make up the necessary points even in 1 month you will get your visa as long as you can prove it through valid documentations.
Tier1 Aspirant

almo81
Newly Registered

Thank you

Post by almo81 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:17 am

Perhaps I'm simply paranoid : I see no particular reason why my application would be Rejected, but I'm nervous all the same.

As an added Measure of security : Would it do any good to mention in a cover letter something like :
"Although not claimed, the reviewer of this application may interested that The application has been independently employed and has earned XXX in the 6 months ending 30.6?"

Or : "One of the dependents, XXX, is employed and has earned over 40K in the past year? ",

Would it make any difference?

tier1_aspirant123

Post by tier1_aspirant123 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:49 am

it wont add any value neither reduce merit of your application.

case workers make more of objective decision than a subjective one. they really do not care about your current employment status. they just check, confirm or verify what you have claimed in the earnings period and make decision based on that.
Tier1 Aspirant

almo81
Newly Registered

Ok - thanks for your help!

Post by almo81 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:10 am

Thanks again!

almo81
Newly Registered

Another question

Post by almo81 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:13 am

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:42 pm Post subject: Tier-one Extension/Payslips
Finalizing my application, I have noticed a few light discrepancies between the bank statements and a Letter issued to me by my employer, attesting to my income (It is nicer and "clearer" then payslips which are computer generated and do not look like originals).

1. The Employers' CFO who issued me with the letters rounded off the numbers to the nearest whole pound. Thus he wrote 1234 Pounds (for instance), when the actual transfer was 1233.98, or 1234.12

2. The Letter that was issued states the name of the company I was working for at the time. The Bank statements show that transfers were made from another company. This company is actually the company who OWNS the company where I work. This can easily verified through the company's web site and its annual filings (it is publically listed (NASDAQ, and thus makes official filings to the US authorities).

Will either of these issues cause problems?