ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dania

Post by dania » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:05 am

citdep wrote:
mvk wrote:To the guys that received the letters, Can you tell us when you applied and on what basis please?
My spouse applied in 2008 as a spouse of Irish Citizen. After almost 4 yrs we received this letter.
it is very unusuall to receive these letters or may be it is new policy by them .next year we will see how efficient is the minister and is he able to keep his words or not,we will see and definitely will see ,no problem ,all of us were waiting for two three four five years lets wait more for these few months and the real picture will be there.all of us had enough of your unefficiency so move your .... and do work which u r paid for from the taxpayers money like us and show us that u r able to do what u say. :x
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:43 am

dania wrote:
citdep wrote:
mvk wrote:To the guys that received the letters, Can you tell us when you applied and on what basis please?
My spouse applied in 2008 as a spouse of Irish Citizen. After almost 4 yrs we received this letter.
it is very unusuall to receive these letters or may be it is new policy by them .next year we will see how efficient is the minister and is he able to keep his words or not,we will see and definitely will see ,no problem ,all of us were waiting for two three four five years lets wait more for these few months and the real picture will be there.all of us had enough of your unefficiency so move your .... and do work which u r paid for from the taxpayers money like us and show us that u r able to do what u say. :x
That is because there is a high court case currently ongoing, its spouse of Irish citizen over delay.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:39 pm

good luck everybody.i hope next week will be good one for few applicants

myimmigrationboards

Re: What does this mean?

Post by myimmigrationboards » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:45 pm

Malika wrote:The forum is quiet these days.......... anyway, out of the blue this morning I received a letter from INIS stating:

'I am now writing to let you know that your application is currently being processed and will be progressed to a final decision as expeditiously as possible. In that regard, the Minister for Justice, Equality and Defence has indicated that it is expected that significant inroads will be made with remaining cases in the naturalisation backlog by year end.'

INIS acknowledged that my application has been pending for a considerable period of time.

Has anyone received such worded letter?
yes received same letter, not sure what does " as expeditiously as possible" means in DOJ dictionary. Applied in 2007 :(

Jaja4me2
Newly Registered

Post by Jaja4me2 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:35 pm

My wife is still waiting for her citizenship approval, we both applied in August 2010 on the basis of 5year residency, i got my approval for the June ceremony, but she is still waiting. She is worried because back in 2003, she got a court fine of 50euros. She paid it off, and has had nothing against her since then up till date. Does any one in the forum thinks this will have any impact on her naturalization?

ardee

Post by ardee » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:21 pm

Jaja4me2 wrote:My wife is still waiting for her citizenship approval, we both applied in August 2010 on the basis of 5year residency, i got my approval for the June ceremony, but she is still waiting. She is worried because back in 2003, she got a court fine of 50euros. She paid it off, and has had nothing against her since then up till date. Does any one in the forum thinks this will have any impact on her naturalization?
It depends on what offence that led to her being fined 50Euros. I doubt if that will be a serious one considering the amount of the fine. I really do not think that will affect your Application in any way. I don 't think you should bother so much about this, your Approval will soon come.

salem66
Newly Registered

Post by salem66 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:40 pm

citdep wrote:
Alan Shatter, I am advised by the Citizenship Division of the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) that a valid application for a certificate of naturalisation was received from the person referred to by the Deputy in March, 2008.

After 52 months the application is currently being processed !! Come on :!:

irishtobe

Re: What does this mean?

Post by irishtobe » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:08 pm

Malika wrote:The forum is quiet these days.......... anyway, out of the blue this morning I received a letter from INIS stating:

'I am now writing to let you know that your application is currently being processed and will be progressed to a final decision as expeditiously as possible. In that regard, the Minister for Justice, Equality and Defence has indicated that it is expected that significant inroads will be made with remaining cases in the naturalisation backlog by year end.'

INIS acknowledged that my application has been pending for a considerable period of time.

Has anyone received such worded letter?

hi

i get same letter . i applied in may 2008 , first time i get letter from DOJ , so lets wait and see what next move , i read this article http://www.immigrantcouncil.ie/media/pr ... dium=email

blue bird
Newly Registered

Post by blue bird » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:38 pm

Good evening everyone,
I've received the same letter, and my friend as well received this letter which all dated on 25/06/2012. i applied on 10/2010.

nissa

Post by nissa » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:48 pm

[quote="fatty patty"][quote="dania"][quote="citdep"][quote="mvk"]To the guys that received the letters, Can you tell us when you applied and on what basis please?[/quote]

My spouse applied in 2008 as a spouse of Irish Citizen. After almost 4 yrs we received this letter.[/quote]

it is very unusuall to receive these letters or may be it is new policy by them .next year we will see how efficient is the minister and is he able to keep his words or not,we will see and definitely will see ,no problem ,all of us were waiting for two three four five years lets wait more for these few months and the real picture will be there.all of us had enough of your unefficiency so move your .... and do work which u r paid for from the taxpayers money like us and show us that u r able to do what u say. :x[/quote]

That is because there is a high court case currently ongoing, its spouse of Irish citizen over delay.[/quote]

I guess that this silent delaying situtaion will urge the people to contact with courts specially after the end of this year.The department have offically announced the new time line 6 months and now legally any person whos application is in delay more then 6 months can contact with court i may wrong or may not.The department is very quite and not telling any thing about the status of file.very hard time for those who are still waiting for good news.The spouse of Irish bring case to the court.many cases in delay of spouses of other EU countries.this delay is unacceptable and should be accomodate some how.

waitingcitizen

Post by waitingcitizen » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:29 pm

Does anyone knows what the second stage is as my application update is that it is at second stage of processing. Earlier I had information that they are waiting for reports. Is the second stage after the reports or before.

samchoopra

Post by samchoopra » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:25 pm

waitingcitizen wrote:Does anyone knows what the second stage is as my application update is that it is at second stage of processing. Earlier I had information that they are waiting for reports. Is the second stage after the reports or before.
i thinks second stage means further processing team.they pin up all reports and make a file for approval.
How u got this information did u write them or call them and when you lodge your application.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:11 am

guys intial report/further processing team doesnot matter.you have to believe yourself.citizenship divsion is taking very long time to processing the application.i personally know few people one was granted the citizenship in 5 and half month another one have to wait over 52 weeks.i dont think its fair.....but we cant do anything.but thing are much improve these days atleast govt made the annocement they are clearling the backload.but simply truth is its recession they need money...if they granted 4000 people they have profit of 4million.

depim
Newly Registered

Post by depim » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:02 pm

Was there any ceremony in June? Because they said there is a ceremony in 14th of June...

Naija

Post by Naija » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:14 am

[quote="depim"]Was there any ceremony in June? Because they said there is a ceremony in 14th of June...[/quote]

Yes,there were 4 ceremonies on 14th of June.Go back few pages on this thread and you will see people discussing it.There were 4000 people attending those ceremonies on 14th June.

erinegreen
Newly Registered

Post by erinegreen » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:10 am

I just recieved my approval and invitation for 30 August 2012, Application was on May 2011. Good luck to all of us!

dhang

Post by dhang » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:32 am

erinegreen wrote:I just recieved my approval and invitation for 30 August 2012, Application was on May 2011. Good luck to all of us!
congratz.... the boat is moving again so.... hoping that my son's approval arrive one of these days.

mvk
Newly Registered

Post by mvk » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:54 am

Hey!!! I received my letter for August 30th ceremony this morning too. I applied in Aug 2011.
Last edited by mvk on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

seraph

oath ceremony

Post by seraph » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:03 am

My spouse got her invitation for citizenship ceremony today, schedules on 30th August 2012. She applied on June 2011.

ardee

Post by ardee » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:06 am

dhang wrote:
erinegreen wrote:I just recieved my approval and invitation for 30 August 2012, Application was on May 2011. Good luck to all of us!
congratz.... the boat is moving again so.... hoping that my son's approval arrive one of these days.
I received my Approval for Naturalisation this morning. I applied May 2011. I wish every one still waiting a very goodluck. You will get there.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:16 am

congrats everybody who got theirs approvals recently.............people are getting approval this week.good luck to those who are still waiting like me ...............

assbc

Citizenship Approval

Post by assbc » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:17 am

My friend got his Approval letter this morning, he applied July 12th 2011.He applied based on 5yrs residency.Ceremony date is 30th of August

alpha_1

Re: Citizenship Approval

Post by alpha_1 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:57 am

assbc wrote:My friend got his Approval letter this morning, he applied July 12th 2011.He applied based on 5yrs residency.Ceremony date is 30th of August
All guys who have got the 30th of Aug ceremony date.

Can you share with us the time? Is it in morning/evening etc?

Congratz to all who received the new ceremony date !!!

ks2010

Irish spouse Citizenship Approval

Post by ks2010 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:15 pm

Congratulation for the new granted
Is there any Irish spouse approval from those who received last week letter

starbuck

Re: Irish spouse Citizenship Approval

Post by starbuck » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:52 pm

ks2010 wrote:Congratulation for the new granted
Is there any Irish spouse approval from those who received last week letter
I got mine too. Applied on 20-aug-2011 and attendance on the 30-august-2012. However, i have a problem as i have to travel to the US for 3 weeks from 30 july to 15 august. Is it possible for me to do that travel ?

I have to surrender my garda card and this travel is also needed. Is there any problem when i re-enter ireland and i dont have my garda card ?

any help on this please ?

thanks
*$