ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - When to apply?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kumar17

Naturalisation - When to apply?

Post by kumar17 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:24 pm

Guys,

We got our ILR on the 03/05/2012. So when is the earliest time we can submit the application for naturalisation. 03/05/2013? Or is it 28days earlier?

Only asking because we will need 6months bank statements, instead of 3 as for the ILR. Just need to make sure everything is in place.

I know its quite early to start thinking of it but dont want to take anything for granted.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Naturalisation - When to apply?

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:20 pm

kumar17 wrote:Guys,

We got our ILR on the 03/05/2012. So when is the earliest time we can submit the application for naturalisation. 03/05/2013? Or is it 28days earlier?
See Q1 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting.
Only asking because we will need 6months bank statements, instead of 3 as for the ILR. Just need to make sure everything is in place.
Why do you thing bank statements are required?

kumar17

Post by kumar17 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:12 am

Jambo,

Thank you for your help.

My understand is that in addition to the standard requirements in Q1 of the FAQs on sticky, there are specific documents HO require - shown in this link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... documents/

The 6month bank statement is only required as proof of identity. There is no formal need to submit them. I did not see the small print. My error. Thanks for pointing this out.
K