ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Harpreet91

Post by Harpreet91 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:50 pm

@dr raj and all

Please view paragraph below from refusal letter.

'If you decide to appeal against this decision........ The decision will be reviewed with your grounds of appeal and the supporting documents you provide'

My ground of appeal would be english requirement is met.

My supporting documents would be certificate and statement of results sheet as required.

Let md have your thoughts....

nitas
Newly Registered

Has anyone applied from Mumbai?

Post by nitas » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:23 pm

My husband has applied for a spouse visa on 14th May 2012. The status is still showing "under process".

I am worried about the application because we forgot to submit the Statement of Results for his KET exam. We submitted the KET certificate and the Statement of Entry, but completely forgot about the Statement of Results.

We have couriered it subsequently to BHC, but have not received any acknowledgement from them.

Has anyone on this forum faced a similar situation?

Also would like to hear from anyone who has applied from Mumbai in April or May 2012.

Regards
Nita

RS_UK
Newly Registered

Post by RS_UK » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:31 pm

Harpreet91 wrote:@dr raj and all

Please view paragraph below from refusal letter.

'If you decide to appeal against this decision........ The decision will be reviewed with your grounds of appeal and the supporting documents you provide'

My ground of appeal would be english requirement is met.

My supporting documents would be certificate and statement of results sheet as required.

Let md have your thoughts....
@harpreet91.

i would agree with dr tej submit a new application as it may be quicker and also get it before 9th july.....i would also triple check what the agent does
this refusal sounds like something the agent should have picked up....nothing to do with luck.

having said all that the appeal process could be quicker i would get some legal advice on what would be best and do it quick.....

ant06

Post by ant06 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:11 am

@Cochin applicants Thank u all for your immediate updates.
seriously bit relieved when we wait as a group!!!!
-----------------------------------------------
Application Date : 29 march chennai

sk2912

Post by sk2912 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:35 am

I never expected that the waiting period will stretch to the month of July ....
I really donno what they are doing with the application ....

I am just worried about the English Language Requirement , I have submitted only my Degree Certificate from Anna University ...

The award is shown in PBS calculator but I have not submitted the screenshot .. Will that make any issue ???

Harpreet91

Post by Harpreet91 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:42 am

@rs uk

Your 100% right agent should of picked it up.

I fly out Friday, appeal will be lodged Monday. (want to be sure agent gets it right this time)

New laws dont effect me.

Please let me know what legal advice you come back with. Thank you.

Harpreet91

Post by Harpreet91 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:03 am

Common sense makes me think the main reason for appeals are opportunities to show you fulfill required criteria to be granted the visa.

The fact that you can provide supporting to show you meet English requirement there is no way I believe why the shouldn't overturn original decision.

There is no way they can ask you to resubmit and application when supplied with documents in appeal which show you meet the reqiurement. Just sounds silly, and defies the point of an appeal process.

Let me have your thoughts.

Appeal will be a lot quicker if not taken to court and overturned by ECM.

ant06

Post by ant06 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:39 am

@SK2912 did'nt u write the IELTS exam ?
i dont have any idea if the certificate alone is sufficient.
But by now they should have atleast checked your documents right?
else they would have informed u by now? i dont know if i am right.
-----------------------
application date : 29 march chennai

neerajverma

Post by neerajverma » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:52 am

Dear All,

As per UKBA english language test providers list, for KET (ESOL) Original Certificate alongwith statement of result and Ticket entry confirmation (if possible) is required with the application..
and for IELTS only Test form is sufficient.

Regards,

Neeraj Verma

------------------------------------------------------------
Applied @VFS Jalandhar-8 May 2012
Application forwarded to BHC-9 May 2012

abt2710
Newly Registered

Post by abt2710 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:10 am

ant06 wrote:Has any Cochin applicant received any message?

Hi ant06 ,

Application @ VFS cochin 28/03/12

THERE IS NO INFORMATION TILL TODAY

sk2912

Post by sk2912 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:33 am

@Ant06 :
U don't have to write the exam if u have a degree which is accepted by UKNARIC.
My degree is accepted bu UKNARIC ... But i never attached the screen shot of the pbs calculator showing that it is accepted by UKNARIC ... Thats why I am a bit concerned ..

Degree taught in English
If you want to show that you meet the English language requirement because you hold an acceptable degree taught in English, you should provide the original certificate of your award.

This certificate must be original, and must clearly show:

your name
the title of the award
the date of the award
the name of the awarding institution

I wish they take all this above mentioned points from my certificate and check it with the PBS calculator

link : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -language/

sraz

delay in settlement visa

Post by sraz » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:41 am

@sk2912 Why haven't u attach IELTS certificate..have you submitted letter from university or like that stating that ur medium of learning was Engish...I have submitted my degree and pg certificates inaddition to IELTS results...it seems to me that u should have submitted IELTS certificate also.. Application date - March 3O Status Under Process

sraz

delay in settlement visa

Post by sraz » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:46 am

@sk2912 Sorry sk, I havent seen ur latest post...pls neglect my above post

sk2912

Post by sk2912 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:01 am

@sraz : that's ok .... I think I am in the safer edge

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Post by pazpatel » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:09 am

Harpreet91 wrote:@rs uk

Your 100% right agent should of picked it up.

I fly out Friday, appeal will be lodged Monday. (want to be sure agent gets it right this time)

New laws dont effect me.

Please let me know what legal advice you come back with. Thank you.
Harpreet.... Been reading all yoru posts over the last few days, sorry I have not messaged but try to stick to the advise and now my wife is home been busy with her of course...

Anyway really sorry about what has happened, I cannot not express how you must feel over what has happened. In my opinion it is ridiculas, but what can we do hay.....

Dr_Tej (Its me Paras) - Welcome to the forum.... What do you think of this place? Good to see you on here as well and no doubt you will very soon hear about your VISA (any day now)....

You have two options Harpreet.....

Option 1 - Re-Apply and pay the money again, you mentioned that the new rules do not apply to you so I am guessing you earn and meet the new requirments yes?? If so that is great but I would still strongly advise you re apply before 9th July (if you can), if you have all the documents ready and you are flying to India this week, fill out the form on line, book a appt ASAP... You will need to do this by Friday (including actually going to VFS and handing in yoru stuff) the new rules kick in on 9th July which is monday. I say do this ASAP only becuase of the new 5 year rule. Its great you meet the requirments but do you really want to wait 5 years and go through those tougher rules in those 5 years??? This will only work if you have all the doc's ready and they are with your husband so i am thinking thsi will be a tough one. If you do mind the 5 year rule and meet new laws and most importantly dont mind paying the fee again just re apply.... I say this becuase it will be a lot quicker. From my research people wait up to 6 months to get a appeal over turned (I have only seen very few cases where quicker (maybe one or two)). Its a costly process but I am 98% sure it will be quicker. Tej is right in saying that when you go through a appeal they look closer and there is a chance of rejection but in all honesty if you meet even the new requirments you have nothing to worry about.

Options 2 - Appeal.... This will cost you a lot less, i think a appeal is about £145 (I think) Be carefull with this though as I think you have to do the appeal here in the UK not in India.... Someone else might be able to advise on this.... Lucy might be able to help you with that. But I remember from a coupld of previous posts It is done in the UK, you have 28 days to appeal I believe. And your appeal will be done against the old rules so still a 2 year visa rather then 5 years. Just send them your appeal letter along with the documents they have asked for, I would also personally top of those documents with most recent payslips, bank statments, phone records, emails etc.... The only problem with this, is it will take longer looking at previous posts and from my own research.

Do NOT listen to solicitor's (unless you have got a really good one and someone you know maybe) and also agents in India.... They are all unware of laws, If i was you I would just have a good read of all the laws, rejection and appeal procedures etc and do it your self. I was talking to many agents and immigration solictors here and in India and got fed up with all there B SH*T and decided to do all my self. I even done the name change of the passport myself here in the UK for my wife all online. 95% of them wont even know the rules or correct stuff. I remember the day we went to VFS the rules changes to all applications need to be made on line and some lady was sitting with an agent in Anand, Gujarat and the guy was getting her to fill in the form... My wife told her that you have to do it on line and the agent didnt even know that was the case, he kept argueing and finally Mira pulled up the new rule on her Raspberry and showed them. This was a company called CT Travel I think in Anand which is meant to be a nig office for travel and VISA in Anand. Anyway I have many stories like this.

I have mixed feeling about this, personally I hate the fact of having to pay any money to BHC or UKBA to do this again, it is like paying the tax man 40% of my wages so in one way I say appeal and make them suffer. But on the other hand could I go through a long appeal process of 6 months NO.... Maybe if you gto holiday and money available I would appeakl and go spend some time out there in India with your husband.... Where does he live?

I can not imagine how you are feeling just where mine went over 3 months by 3 weeks I was a wreck so can only imagine what you are feeling.

But keep it strong and together, do not ruch into anything unless you are re applying with the old rules. But what ever you do now just do it right. Listen to everyone's advise, read it all your self and do what you personally think is right, everyone kept saying to me dont so this and do that but I just done what i PERSONALLY thought was right from my research and yes it took a little longer but I got the visa. Only you know what is right.

Dr_tej has recenlty been through pretty much exactly the same in terms of rejection of enghlish, he re applied, and will for sure get it sooner shoudl he have appealed.... Look at Lucy's timeline in terms it will give you a rough idea.

Also contact your local MP, a reference from him or her on rejection / appeal will go a long way.

And coming back to the agent.... He should have picked it up... He is idiot for nto knowing that.... This is why I say dont use agents... If I had not gone through a gent in the first place just to get a name change on passport my wife would have been here a long time ago, but wasted over 8 weeks just with 3 different agents sorting out a name change on a passport, then I done it my self and it was done within 2 weeks.

Hope this information helps you.....
06/03/2012 - Submitted @ AHM (INDIA)
06/03/2012 - Sent to BHC
11/03/2012 - Under Process at BHC
13/06/2012 - VISA GRANTED!!!!!
2 Years on.....
02/09/2014 - Application SET (M) ILR sent (Postal)
09/09/2014 - Cheque presented to my bank

ant06

Post by ant06 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:14 am

I dont wish to cross this week without a reply.
----------------------------
Application Date:29 March chennai

sk2912

Post by sk2912 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:43 am

ant06 wrote:I dont wish to cross this week without a reply.
----------------------------
Application Date:29 March chennai
Did u try contacting the BHC ??

ant06

Post by ant06 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:47 am

I mailed the VFS and BHC but did'nt receive a reply.

A2345
Newly Registered

Post by A2345 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:15 am

I am also mailed the VFS and BHC but did'nt receive a reply.

settlement visa can be provided minimum with in 3 weeks .max 3 months. in some rare cases will take 4months/6 months.These details are provided by one of the vfs employer

Applied on 21march 2012@chennai
still waiting............

abt2710
Newly Registered

Post by abt2710 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:49 am

I am also mail to chennai.visaenquiry@fco.gov.uk & they replied that they need to carry out further checks .

ant06

Post by ant06 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:53 am

I strongly feel this delay we are facing as a group is because of the olympics.usually there are many people getting done by 14 weeks or
3 months and 2 weeks.
@A2345 arent u in the 14 th week

abt2710
Newly Registered

Post by abt2710 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:03 am

ant06 wrote:I strongly feel this delay we are facing as a group is because of the olympics.usually there are many people getting done by 14 weeks or
3 months and 2 weeks.
@A2345 arent u in the 14 th week

Now i am in 13th week
Application submitted on 28/03/2012

Dr_Tej
Newly Registered

Post by Dr_Tej » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:09 am

Just had a reply to my email to Bombay BHC, they given standard reply. "please await your decision as it is under process"

Harpreet91

Post by Harpreet91 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:21 am

@ PAZ, and any other applicable.

Firstly thank you for response. much appreciated.

I earn enough to meet the new requirements.

I am adamant to appeal, i also feel it won’t take as long as others as it wont reach the stage of being heard in court. I feel immigration officer will overturn decision based on new supporting documents. (certs/statement of results)

Regarding solicitors and agents; I won’t listen to them (ive learnt that lesson), but use them to process the appeal. i have started reading up about the laws in respect to appeals and also the process. (I will be an expert by the time I land in India)

The funny thing is I spent weeks making sure the supporting documents were suffice to meet English requirement, insisted to agent to include all relevant requested documents and this still happens. A Joke.

I’m being optimistic, but feel as no hearing will be required the Mrs will be granted a visa within 6 weeks.

I’m guessing all other checks have been done, accommodation, maintenance etc by BHC already. Or not? Or will they redo?

Lucy’s had gone to court-this is why I believe there is a delay.

I believe the process of appeal is; appeal sent to UK, they then forward to BHC Delhi for consideration, if they decide that documents supplied in support of refusal meet guideline then they will grant visa. Otherwise they will refer to court-which is the part that takes time.

Let me have your thoughts, if ive missed anything or you don’t understand please advise.

(this is harpreets husband)

shahed007
Newly Registered

The long wait is finally over!

Post by shahed007 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:17 pm

Visa granted 4/7/12 and collected!

wife applied 27/3/12!

Best of luck to all who are waiting.