ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 PSW to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

v.parsoya
Newly Registered

Tier 1 PSW to Tier 2 General

Post by v.parsoya » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:20 am

Hi,

I was looking for a document in UKBA website to prove my employer that they can issue me an unrestricted CoS. Can anybody please send me any info from UKBA link which clearly states that Tier-2 general applicants currently on Post-study worker leave can be issued unrestricted CoS?

Thanks in advance.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:11 am

v.parsoya
Newly Registered

Post by v.parsoya » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:32 am

Thanks for the reply Manci. I may be wrong but I was looking for unrestricted CoS in those paragraphs. My doubt is that whether the applicant with PSW immigration status applying for Tier 2 General need an unrestricted CoS or restricted? Or these applicants are counted among restricted entry or not? Applicants with Tier 4 status do not and it is clearly stated but not sure about PSW immigrants.
A reference to UKBA document for the information given in Para 3 of Tier 1 PSW column of this link:

http://www.wrighthassall.co.uk/resource ... rules.aspx

Thanks.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:59 pm

see paragraph 237(d)
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

If you switch from T1 PSW to T2G your sponsor needs to assign an unrestricted CoS to you.

v.parsoya
Newly Registered

Post by v.parsoya » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:08 pm

Thank you very much manci. Solves all the problem related to this post.
Can I bother you with another query?
I am confused that whether PSW visa holders have to show maintenance money for 90 days or not? The confusion was with their wordings in the guidelines document. Thank you.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:36 pm

Just to add to this, as I will be making my application soon too. (instead of starting a brand new thread!)

1. Maintenance fund. A few months ago I read on the UKBA website that if switching from PSW to Tier 2 General you dont have to show this. But now i can't seem to find this anywhere on the website or the guidance docs. I guess this has changed?

2. My company has applied for the sponsorship registry. And they haven't heard back yet. Any idea on time scales for this?

Thanks.

(and sorry for hijacking this thread!)

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:51 pm

hashmil wrote: 1. Maintenance fund. A few months ago I read on the UKBA website that if switching from PSW to Tier 2 General you dont have to show this. But now i can't seem to find this anywhere on the website or the guidance docs. I guess this has changed?

2. My company has applied for the sponsorship registry. And they haven't heard back yet. Any idea on time scales for this?
1. see the policy guidance paragraph 142 onwards

2. for sponsor licence applications 3-4 months

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:01 pm

Thanks Manci. I guess i've posted a fresh thread again with a few more questions.

As for the maintenance fund I have had the £900 for while, so should be fine when i make my application.

As for the timing, guess i have to just wait :)
manci wrote:
hashmil wrote: 1. Maintenance fund. A few months ago I read on the UKBA website that if switching from PSW to Tier 2 General you dont have to show this. But now i can't seem to find this anywhere on the website or the guidance docs. I guess this has changed?

1. see the policy guidance paragraph 142 onwards

2. for sponsor licence applications 3-4 months

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:50 pm

manci wrote:see paragraph 237(d)

If you switch from T1 PSW to T2G your sponsor needs to assign an unrestricted CoS to you.
Manci, do you know what will happen if the employer has assigned a PSW holder (not a dependent of PSW holder) a restricted CoS and was granted it?

tangweichongare
BANNED

Post by tangweichongare » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:34 am

I am confused that whether PSW visa holders have to show maintenance money for 90 days or not? Image

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:17 am

magelenn wrote:Manci, do you know what will happen if the employer has assigned a PSW holder (not a dependent of PSW holder) a restricted CoS and was granted it?
Well, they made a mistake assuming that you are in the UK on a PSW visa. Ask the employer to ring the helpline (0300 123 4699) to find out what they should do. I think the helpline will suggest to assign a new unrestricted T2G CoS to you. Hopefully they have a spare allocation for the current year