ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

student visa for the wife of a british citizen

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

strictly-confidential
Newly Registered

student visa for the wife of a british citizen

Post by strictly-confidential » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:29 pm

Hi guys

I have a question with a hope the some one wise can put my friend in the right direction.

My friend is a British Citizen and he recently got married in Pakistan. After marriage he has returned to UK and his wife is in Pakistan. Knowing that spouse visa applications are taking far more than usual in Pakistan. He is considering getting her here on a student visa which is far quicker to process. He is not only doing this to get his wife here but because she genuinely wants to do that course as well. He is considering changing her status to spouse once she is here because in his opinion at least she could be with him in just a matter of 2 to 3 months.

Please note that a few of our friends in our circle are waiting for their spouses' visas for as long as 1 year !! and this is what he doesn't want.

My questions are;
1-is he thinking right?
2- what are the possible constraints/consequences in this regard? because he doesn't want to be on the wrong side of the law.
3-what factors he needs to keep in mind whilst doing this process? His legally married to his wife and her passport and ID cards prove it as his name is on them as husband.

thank you :)

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:27 am

The Tier 4 system is points-based so if his wife scores points she will be granted the visa. That's really all their is to it.

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:05 am

It would be better to go for the spouse visa before the new rules come into play in the long run.

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:27 pm

This thinking is not right. Don't play games with UKBA and immigration laws. These types of short-cuts are actually the reason of 'application delays' in Pakistan. Visa and immigration laws clearly say that always make your application according to your real intentions and appropriate category.

You post clearly show that your intentions are just to bring your wife here on ASAP as study is not prohibited on spouse visa even it will cost less than Tier-4 route. You need to provide full details of your circumstances in the application form as it’s a genuine husband and wife relationship, which will may cause some complications for you and your wife both. If you write all the details of your relationship, UKBA may suspect that you are actually trying to dodge the new minimum income law to bring spouse in UK or if you try to hide something it may cause deception.

So I will strongly recommend that bring your wife on appropriate spouse visa.

strictly-confidential
Newly Registered

Post by strictly-confidential » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:52 am

Thank you very much for your advices "Deviser, Quantum1 and Lookapooka". I appreciate that.