ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET (M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dkapan10
Newly Registered

ILR SET (M)

Post by dkapan10 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:43 pm

Hi Everyone,

I recently applied for ILR under SET (M). Arrived in UK in 2005 on a student Visa for 5 years. After i got the 2 year unmarried visa.

My visa expires on 20/07/2012 and booked an appointment in Glasogw PEO. Me an my partner did not leave together for about 8 months as we were saving money to buy a house and I was working in different cities so we lived with family. We provided letters to explain this but the home office guy told us to post it as he could not decide immediately. He was nice and polite and he said reading through the letters he understood but we should post the application. (we did not get charged.). He asked me to provide a covering letter explaining our circumstance which I did.

The application was sent on 02/07 and received at 03/07. Money has not been debited. My employment contract is due for extension end of the month and employer looking for right to work proof.

Please advise if my application maybe refused as a result of cohabitation and if the acknowledgement letter will explain if I can work in the meantime while my application is being considered?

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:42 pm

Did you submit proof of regular contact during the 8 months you were living apart?

dkapan10
Newly Registered

Post by dkapan10 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:43 pm

Casa wrote:Did you submit proof of regular contact during the 8 months you were living apart?
Hi,

I provided letters from family saying we had been staying together. The thing is that she was staying at mine and me at hers but all my letters were coming to mines and hers going to her mum's.

Thanks

dkapan10
Newly Registered

Post by dkapan10 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:11 pm

UKBA debited money today. Please advise me regarding my concern for anyone who has been in this situation.