ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How come there aren't any same-day appointments available?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

daYZman

How come there aren't any same-day appointments available?

Post by daYZman » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:00 pm

Hi

I'm applying for a Tier 2 and would like to go for the same-day service due to urgency. I've been looking for a slot over the past 3 weeks, but there doesn't seem to be any available dates. Are slots usually this rare? Are there really that many people willing to pay £800+ more for a visa?[/i]

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:07 pm

Totally depends at what time you are looking for the appointment. The best time is Log on to online system, at 0001 Hrs at night and then look for the appointment. I am sure you will find your desired date and time. and obviously you can only go 42 days ahead of you appointment.
The question is... to be or not to be....

almo81
Newly Registered

Same problem

Post by almo81 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:24 am

Although I'm applying for Tier-one extension - I'm in the same bind.

I've been trying for over a week a now - at 00:01.

What happens at Precisely that time, is that the system informs you that they are "unable to handle your request to to a technical problem". This goes on for several minutes, after which you go back to receiving "no appointments available".

One time I actually managed to get an appointment, and was prompted to enter details of dependents.

Unfortunately, the site crashed and I could not manage to grab that opportunity.

Is it really that hard? I'm reading on this form that people are getting appointments all the time...

daYZman

Re: Same problem

Post by daYZman » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 am

almo81 wrote:Although I'm applying for Tier-one extension - I'm in the same bind.

I've been trying for over a week a now - at 00:01.
Me too. It's a waste of time. I can't be bothered any more.

almo81
Newly Registered

Post by almo81 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:32 am

It makes sense for them to have this problem I think : The fee for Visa extension is very high (no doubt to encourage people to leave). people might as well do it in person, rather than send by post and wait.

Besides if something is wrong, then maybe it can be fixed it immediately, rather then have your application rejected.

It's frustrating just the same.

so What are you doing about it?