ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (M) - very confused - help please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tom - Hop
Newly Registered

Set (M) - very confused - help please

Post by Tom - Hop » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:18 pm

Hello Everyone,

I thought i had a good grip on this process but prior to completing the form I have been reading up for a couple of days now and I seem to be getting more and more confused. was hoping someone can spare a few minutes to really help me out.

My wife has been in the UK for 18 months now, and passed the life in the UK test in late 2011, no dependents and we have all the proof of cohabitation etc all ready and so was hoping this would be fairly straightforward.

1) As my wife passed the life in the UK before the requirement for English proficiency i'm 90% sure we are ok without any ESOL qualification but would anyone mind confirming this?

2) Our marriage was in China do we need to get our marriage licence translated or apostilled/certified by the Chinese government?
we just had this translated for the original spouse visa but have heard a rumour from a friend that we now need it apostilled. if so does anyone know how to do this?

3) finally, we are both employed with a joint annual income of £26,000, and live well within our means. Is this sufficient to meet the maintenance requirements or do we need sufficent savings as well.
we are in the process of buying a house and paying the fees for solicitor and submission of this form will mean our accounts will be running pretty low around 1-2000 in savings and i'm starting to get worried.

if you can help at all, our point me in the right direction for further reading I would be incredibly grateful. I have read the FAQ, the UKBA site, the guidance notes and multiple forums and posts and i'm feeling more confused than ever.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:18 pm

1. Either LITUK or ESOL with citizenship content.
2. A formal translation of the marriage certificate in English and the original marriage certificate are sufficient.
3. There is no requirement for "minimum" funds or savings.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Tom - Hop
Newly Registered

Post by Tom - Hop » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:26 pm

sushdmehta thankyou. I know you spend a lot of time on this board answering questions and i really appreciate it.

are you an immigration solicitor? as i am looking for somone to check my documents over prior to submission. (paid obviously)