ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police Registration Tier 1 (general)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

philsmith252
Newly Registered

Police Registration Tier 1 (general)

Post by philsmith252 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:54 am

Hi all.

I'm moving from Post Study Visa to Tier 1 visa. I've recently sumbitted my tier 1 application. All the documents seem to be in order.

The problem I may face is that I am from Colombia and I am required to register with the police after each visa app. I forgot to get my police registration done this time until just before I applied for the tier 1 visa (so it was effectively received 11 months late). Does anyone know if this will affect my chances of being approved? Does anyone know of anyone who's had a situation like this?

I have actually been approved in the past with the same circumstances (when I applied for the post study visa), but the home office seems to be a lot more strict these days with technicalities.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:11 pm

[url=hhttp://www.gherson.com/news-articles/refusalsb ... lice-2999/]Refusals based on failure to register with the police[/url]
Last edited by vinny on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Andrey Simonov
Newly Registered

Post by Andrey Simonov » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:55 pm

Hi, the link is broken, and I cannot find relevant info on the website.

Could you please send the correct link, or give any examples of people who were late with police registration and had problems with visa extensions?