ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jibo

ILR Query

Post by Jibo » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:59 pm

Hi Gurus

Please i need ur advice on the above issue

When i relocated to the UK on Tier 1 visa with my family, i as the main applicant didn't get a job immediately because i have to sort out my registration with the Health council for me to be able to work and it took almost ten months and while i was looking for a job was also expecting a baby so it was difficult for employers to take me which i guess was because
(1) I didn't have UK work experience which was one of the excuses i get whenever i attend interviews and

(2) may be because i was pregnant and they know i would go on maternity leave soon but during the waiting period, i volunteered in some charitable organisations and was also opportuned to volunteer in my field within the healthcare sector before i got my first paid job almost 18months after getting to the UK

All these was possible because my husband got a good job in his field within the food industry that paid well to sustain the family and because he wanted me to work in my field he was 100% supportive instead of taking up a house keeping job the reason i volunteered to have the much needed UK experience for the job i currently do

My question is how do i present my case for this period i wasn't working during the ILR stage because i have seen in this forum that the document people present includes p60 for the 5yrs stayed in UK

i would really appreciate comments on this or if anyone is in this particular situation.

Regards

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:07 pm

You score points for previous income garnered in 12 contiguous months selected from the 15 month period immediately prior to the date of applying. That could be one pay check for one days work or a regular income over 12 months. It does not matter. It has to be your income; you can't cite your husband's.

Jibo

Post by Jibo » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:44 pm

Thanks @Lucapooka for prompt response

I'm not sighting my husband to the CW at HO but just putting it clear to the forum that i've not been on benefit and again its for the purpose of the forum only because i know people will start asking how i've survived for that long without working
I just wanted to be sure because i've read on the forum people putting together P60 for the the 5yrs before applying for ILR

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:16 pm

Jibo wrote: only because i know people will start asking how i've survived for that long without working
No, they won't!

You just need to provide evidence of your salary/income at a level that scores sufficient points for the period you are claiming prior to an application to extend or settle.

Manka10

Re: ILR Query

Post by Manka10 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:16 am

Jibo wrote:Hi Gurus

Please i need ur advice on the above issue

When i relocated to the UK on Tier 1 visa with my family, i as the main applicant didn't get a job immediately because i have to sort out my registration with the Health council for me to be able to work and it took almost ten months and while i was looking for a job was also expecting a baby so it was difficult for employers to take me which i guess was because
(1) I didn't have UK work experience which was one of the excuses i get whenever i attend interviews and

(2) may be because i was pregnant and they know i would go on maternity leave soon but during the waiting period, i volunteered in some charitable organisations and was also opportuned to volunteer in my field within the healthcare sector before i got my first paid job almost 18months after getting to the UK

All these was possible because my husband got a good job in his field within the food industry that paid well to sustain the family and because he wanted me to work in my field he was 100% supportive instead of taking up a house keeping job the reason i volunteered to have the much needed UK experience for the job i currently do

My question is how do i present my case for this period i wasn't working during the ILR stage because i have seen in this forum that the document people present includes p60 for the 5yrs stayed in UK

i would really appreciate comments on this or if anyone is in this particular situation.

Regards
your earnings for the last 12 months before applying is what is required for you to get points for the income criteria.

leave P60 for 5 yrs etc aside, first off make sure you are able to get enough points for the application to be successful

if you make the points & dont have P60s then get a 5 year tax history document from HMRC which is the same as having a P60
Manka