ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric Residence Permit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

seek
Newly Registered

Biometric Residence Permit

Post by seek » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:48 pm

Hello helpful moderators,

I'm struggling to find where to locate an application for a Biometric Residence Permit. I understand I cannot enrol my biometrics until I receive an invite to do so, I'm guessing through means of an application. I've read through the HO UK Border Agency section on it (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -need-brp/) but the closest applications I can find are only for a replacement BRP.

I'm a Canadian living in Scotland and currently have a spouse visa. I will be applying for ILR (SET(M)) in January 2013 and want to be sure I have a full understanding of the requirements well beforehand. I had submitted biometrics for the spouse visa in Feb 2011 but no reference number was given at that time for that specific application so I take it this is another submission.

Can anyone guide me in the right direction? Thanks so much for your help.

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:47 pm

You need to do nothing until you apply for your ILR in 2013. Nearer the time, check the latest form set (M). Just follow what is says on the form. All information including BRP is contained in the form.

seek
Newly Registered

Post by seek » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:48 am

asim72 wrote:You need to do nothing until you apply for your ILR in 2013. Nearer the time, check the latest form set (M). Just follow what is says on the form. All information including BRP is contained in the form.
Thank you. I had read Section 6 on the SET(M) form but had missed the big obvious first question that has a 'yes' or 'no' option for the whether a BRP application had been issued. Your help was much appreciated. Thanks again.