ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transit Visa validity

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

write2paras
Newly Registered

Transit Visa validity

Post by write2paras » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:22 pm

Hello All,
can any one help me on my transit visa doubt.
my friend is going to US from India via London, he is planning to halt for a day here in London. the time between arrival to departure time is 31hr.
as the visa rules he is applicable to have transit visit without visa but this is limited upto 24 hr. my questions are

1. is this 24 hr between flight arrival/departure time, or from airport out to in time. if it is airport in and out time than anyway it will take couple of hour to come out and come in back?
2. if it flight arrival and departure time than will they allow to come out if it 31 hr?
3. if without visa is not possible than can he get the transit visa at heathrow airport?

can someone please reply?

Paras