ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dania

Re: What does this mean?

Post by dania » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:41 am

citdep wrote:
Malika wrote:The forum is quiet these days.......... anyway, out of the blue this morning I received a letter from INIS stating:

'I am now writing to let you know that your application is currently being processed and will be progressed to a final decision as expeditiously as possible. In that regard, the Minister for Justice, Equality and Defence has indicated that it is expected that significant inroads will be made with remaining cases in the naturalisation backlog by year end.'

INIS acknowledged that my application has been pending for a considerable period of time.

Has anyone received such worded letter?

yes we got a similar letter on post this morning too
hello everybody, first i am congratulating every body who recently got their approvals
second i got the same letter today about acknowlidging my application has been pending for a considerable period of time.
atleast this gives me and other people who r waiting for long time, some hope that we will get decision before the end of this year. :)
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

dania

Post by dania » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:44 am

dania wrote:
citdep wrote:
Malika wrote:The forum is quiet these days.......... anyway, out of the blue this morning I received a letter from INIS stating:

'I am now writing to let you know that your application is currently being processed and will be progressed to a final decision as expeditiously as possible. In that regard, the Minister for Justice, Equality and Defence has indicated that it is expected that significant inroads will be made with remaining cases in the naturalisation backlog by year end.'

INIS acknowledged that my application has been pending for a considerable period of time.

hello everybody, first i am congratulating every body who recently got their approvals
second i got the same letter today about acknowlidging my application has been pending for a considerable period of time.
atleast this gives me and other people who r waiting for long time, some hope that we will get decision before the end of this year. :)
did anybody else got the same letter? on what status did u applied? and when did u applied? thanks.
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

seraph

citizenship ceremony

Post by seraph » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:19 pm

Hi,
Anybody got approval those who applied on Sept. 2011? I think this time they had sent invitation from Feb 2011 to August 2011 (probably for 7 months). I presume that next time they will consider Sept 2011 - March 2012 applicants.

NewIrish

Re: citizenship ceremony

Post by NewIrish » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:23 pm

seraph wrote:Hi,
Anybody got approval those who applied on Sept. 2011? I think this time they had sent invitation from Feb 2011 to August 2011 (probably for 7 months). I presume that next time they will consider Sept 2011 - March 2012 applicants.
Let us hope for that....

Goldenpaul
Newly Registered

Post by Goldenpaul » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:30 pm

dania wrote:
citdep wrote:

I got same letter yesterday dated 25/06/12. I think is for us that are waiting 2-3 years above for decision. I applied in July 2010 on 5 year residency.

Jaja4me2
Newly Registered

Post by Jaja4me2 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:00 pm

My wife got the same letter, we both applied September 2010 on the basis of 5year residency, i got my approval for June ceremony. She is worried about this.

Dania, my thinking is that you guys will be granted during the next ceremony, she feels the Justice Dept. are not being fear about the whole process, and i totally agree with her.

Congrats to all that got their letter. :lol:

Papyro
Newly Registered

Post by Papyro » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:31 pm

Jaja4me2 wrote:My wife got the same letter, we both applied September 2010 on the basis of 5year residency, i got my approval for June ceremony. She is worried about this.

Dania, my thinking is that you guys will be granted during the next ceremony, she feels the Justice Dept. are not being fear about the whole process, and i totally agree with her.

Congrats to all that got their letter. :lol:
I got same letter yesterday, I applied in march 2010

ks2010

Irish and EU spouse (2009-2010)

Post by ks2010 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:11 pm

For the new approval please specify the application based

I think the minister is giving priority to 5 years working based applications, the Irish and EU spouse (2009-2010) will may have to wait for another year (I was told by phone) is why the letter don't cry was sent just one week before the batch of approval
Because Irish and EU spouse has already most of the advantages of citizen (free garda registration and visa in EU)

nissa

Post by nissa » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:00 pm

[quote="dania"][quote="citdep"][quote="Malika"]The forum is quiet these days.......... anyway, out of the blue this morning I received a letter from INIS stating:

'[i]I am now writing to let you know that your application is currently being processed and will be progressed to a final decision as expeditiously as possible. In that regard, the Minister for Justice, Equality and Defence has indicated that it is expected that significant inroads will be made with remaining cases in the naturalisation backlog by year end.'[/i]

Has anyone received such worded letter?[/quote]

yes we got a similar letter on post this morning too[/quote]

atleast this gives me and other people who r waiting for long time, some hope that we will get decision before the end of this year. :)[/quote]

what bases u have applied and what is your time line.i am a applicant of feb 2011 eu national spouse haven't got any thing yet not even a single letter.EU national and Irish national spouses applications are in delay i guess.i thinks they should have to keep the balance. work permit and EU spouses both paying tax on the same scale for what they are making this difference.what a great feeling the people applied later Feb 2011 having a celebrations and Jan,Feb people still waiting.

nissa

Post by nissa » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:03 pm

[quote="nissa"][quote="dania"][quote="citdep"][quote="Malika"]The forum is quiet these days.......... anyway, out of the blue this morning I received a letter from INIS stating:

'[i]I am now writing to let you know that your application is currently being processed and will be progressed to a final decision as expeditiously as possible. In that regard, the Minister for Justice, Equality and Defence has indicated that it is expected that significant inroads will be made with remaining cases in the naturalisation backlog by year end.'[/i]

Has anyone received such worded letter?[/quote]

yes we got a similar letter on post this morning too[/quote]

atleast this gives me and other people who r waiting for long time, some hope that we will get decision before the end of this year. :)[/quote]

what bases u have applied and what is your time line.i am a applicant of feb 2011 eu national spouse haven't got any thing yet not even a single letter.EU national and Irish national spouses applications are in delay i guess.i thinks they should have to keep the balance. work permit and EU spouses both paying tax on the same scale for what they are making this difference.what a great feeling the people applied later Feb 2011 having a celebrations and Jan,Feb people still waiting.[/quote] :?: :idea:

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:13 am

i think please guys write letter to justice minister ALAN shatter and enda kenny.please thanks them for their fast track(speed up ) process.i am going to post my letter friday to them.this will help another immigrant also.this is recession time govt is critcies in every dept,they are try their best.so some body (like us) to appretited them.if it was still fine fael we have to wait over 3 years for whole process........so please guy wrote them letter

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:28 am

thanks for your kind wishes for my approval....... good luck everybody

rayr7501

Post by rayr7501 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:34 am

IQU wrote:i think please guys write letter to justice minister ALAN shatter and enda kenny.please thanks them for their fast track(speed up ) process.i am going to post my letter friday to them.this will help another immigrant also.this is recession time govt is critcies in every dept,they are try their best.so some body (like us) to appretited them.if it was still fine fael we have to wait over 3 years for whole process........so please guy wrote them letter
Hey mate,
look at it from their perspective...4000 by almost 1000euros equal
approx 4 million euros that this governement is raking in for each ceremony..assuming they hold 6 ceremonies thats 24 million for the famous irish passport....so i donot have any praise for them ....this country charges one of the highest fees in processing of the citizenship application and look around you ....u will understand why....
as far as concerning us , i think the benefit is travelling visa free visiting most countries on the planet.....so enjoy...

samchoopra

Post by samchoopra » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:47 am

congrats to the people got letters recently. Boat is moving but unfortunately not for all .i have applied in Feb 2011 no answer at all.inis having a different processing policy for Eu spouses.They should give Eu spouses priority first. i seek help now to find out why there is a delay in these applications.we should open an other forum for EU spouses so that we could find out the way to deal with this delay.pls share your views applied on EU spouse bases.when i submit my application they send me a letter which said all the applications will be processed in chronological order.

ks2010

Post by ks2010 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:01 am

samchoopra wrote:congrats to the people got letters recently. Boat is moving but unfortunately not for all .i have applied in Feb 2011 no answer at all.inis having a different processing policy for Eu spouses.They should give Eu spouses priority first. i seek help now to find out why there is a delay in these applications.we should open an other forum for EU spouses so that we could find out the way to deal with this delay.pls share your views applied on EU spouse bases.when i submit my application they send me a letter which said all the applications will be processed in chronological order.
Be more patient the steam didn't reach yet the 02/2011 I have friends 01/2009 and still waiting based on EU spouse, my wife is 10/2010 and she received the letter "Be more patient"
I think for DOJ spouse is not priority because they cn apply for free visa in EU and DOJ is trying to get at least one member of the family Irish and the other has to be more patient

samchoopra

Post by samchoopra » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:11 am

patience is a good key but at certain times.This delay could be another year or two we never know.by the end of the year is my last hope to get any news by the way.lets see on coming weeks what more shocks we will have from DOJ equal law to every 1 as they said.

NewIrish

Post by NewIrish » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:15 am

samchoopra wrote:They should give Eu spouses priority first.
Why??

ks2010

Post by ks2010 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:15 pm

samchoopra wrote:patience is a good key but at certain times.This delay could be another year or two we never know.by the end of the year is my last hope to get any news by the way.lets see on coming weeks what more shocks we will have from DOJ equal law to every 1 as they said.
My wife was told by phone 2 months ago if she is invited by 06/2013 she is lucky.
There is no hope to be invited before the end of this year, the priority is given to 5 years based the other are considered already half Irish from advantages point of view
If one member of the family is already irish/EU we have to give our spouse turn to the other family that are still paying at least 500 (garda+visa) plus visas fees for EU we should not think FIFO queue as immigrant we have to be fair to all of us

erinegreen
Newly Registered

Post by erinegreen » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:41 pm

i got my approval letter last wed, my cousin got his yesterday and my husband got his as well just today.... all for August 30 ceremony....

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:40 pm

erinegreen wrote:i got my approval letter last wed, my cousin got his yesterday and my husband got his as well just today.... all for August 30 ceremony....
Could you please lets us know when you guys had submitted your application and on what basis.

Thanking you in advance.
Not waiting any more

Malika

Post by Malika » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:52 pm

[quote="IQU"]i think please guys write letter to justice minister ALAN shatter and enda kenny.please thanks them for their fast track(speed up ) process.i am going to post my letter friday to them.this will help another immigrant also.this is recession time govt is critcies in every dept,they are try their best.so some body (like us) to appretited them.if it was still fine fael we have to wait over 3 years for whole process........so please guy wrote them letter[/quote]

@ IQU, I am happy that you got your approval but please remember how you were feeling before getting the approval letter. That is the same feeling that some of us still have i.e those still waiting so thanking anybody is out of question.
'If you compare yourself to others,you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself'............DESIDERATA

nissa

Post by nissa » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:58 pm

[quote="Malika"][quote="IQU"[b]]i think please guys write letter to justice minister ALAN shatter and enda kenny.please thanks them for their fast track(speed up ) process[/b].i am going to post my letter friday to them.this will help another immigrant also.this is recession time govt is critcies in every dept,they are try their best.so some body (like us) to appretited them.if it was still fine fael we have to wait over 3 years for whole process........so please guy wrote them letter[/quote]

@[b] IQU[/b], I am happy that you got your approval but please remember how you were feeling before getting the approval letter. That is the same feeling that some of us still have i.e those still waiting so thanking anybody is out of question.[/quote]

[b]@malika[/b]I totally agree with you we are passing through a very bitter and hard time of waiting every day of DOJ letter. not easy to forget this nightmare even if it will be over.

dania

Post by dania » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:59 pm

samchoopra wrote:congrats to the people got letters recently. Boat is moving but unfortunately not for all .i have applied in Feb 2011 no answer at all.inis having a different processing policy for Eu spouses.They should give Eu spouses priority first. i seek help now to find out why there is a delay in these applications.we should open an other forum for EU spouses so that we could find out the way to deal with this delay.pls share your views applied on EU spouse bases.when i submit my application they send me a letter which said all the applications will be processed in chronological order.
i applied on eu spouse basis in may 2010 still waiting ,i think it is wrong to give priority to any body what so ever,they told us applications r processed in chronological order but this is one of the biggest lie ever to be told by the department,there should be equality ,the people who applied in 2011 r getting their decisions and we r still waiting it is wrong,it is like slap on the faces of people who r waiting for two three four or even five years :x ,the only hope is that might they will be able to clear the backlog by the end of this year as they r sending the letters to most people telling them to wait and significant back log will be clear by the end of this year.i got that letter aswell!!!

erinegreen
Newly Registered

Post by erinegreen » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:14 pm

I applied last May 2011, my cousin and my husband applied in September 2011 on the basis of 5 yrs work permit.

Dochtúir
Newly Registered

hi

Post by Dochtúir » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:01 pm

Congratulation to lucky friends i am doctor and working in Ireland for more than 5 yrs what i have found that Doj is not issuing passport to doc especially Pakistani doc i have friends waiting for more than 5 yrs,i don't know why they do this to docs any idea?