ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR dependent queries.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bilqees
Newly Registered

PR dependent queries.

Post by bilqees » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:53 am

HI,

My husband is presently on Tier-2 visa and he will apply for PR in august after completing 5 years in UK.
I am presently in UK on Tier-1 visa and I plan to apply for PR as my husband's dependent. Please note that I am not on his dependent visa right now.

Could anyone please clarify the following points:
1) Can I apply for PR as my husband's dependent though I am presently not on his dependent visa?
2) Can I apply as his dependent from within UK or do I need to go back to India to apply as his dependent?

Many Thanks,
Bilqees.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:26 pm

1. No.
2. From outside the UK.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

bilqees
Newly Registered

Post by bilqees » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:34 pm

Thanks for the reply.
I am a bit confused.
Do you mean i cannot apply for PR as my husband's dependent?
Then which dependent visa are you referring to that i need to apply from India?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:47 pm

1. Yes, because to be able to apply for settlement as a dependant you must be in the UK as a dependant.
2. Entry clearance as dependant of a PBS migrant.

Given that the qualifying residence period for (new) PBS dependant(s) will increase from 2 years to 5 years from 09-Jul-12, it doesn't make sense now for you to undertake that change - depending on whether the "Tier 1" you refer to is a Tier 1 sub-category that leads to settlement and, if so, when you'll become eligible for settlement in your own right.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

bilqees
Newly Registered

Post by bilqees » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:40 pm

Thanks Sushd,

I am planning to switch to my husband's dependent visa because I am not sure if I can get PR/ILR.
It would be a real help if you could review my case and advise if I can apply for PR or not.
I was granted HSMP visa with EC stamp on 31/08/2007. I entered UK on 07/10/2007. Then I got my tier-1 visa on 31/08/2009 which is valid till 31/08/2012.
For PR eligibility I must complete 5 years in UK. Keeping in mind the 28 days buffer period, I cannot apply before 9/09/2012. Thus I fall short by just 9 days.
I read the following rule sometime back but I am not sure if this rule is still valid and can be applied in my case:
"In some cases, applicants may have been granted 5 years continuous leave, but will not have spent 5 years continuously in the UK before their current leave expires. Caseworkers may count the period between entry clearance being granted and the date the applicant entered the UK towards the 5 years, provided this period was not longer than 3 months.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Bilqees.

adi_khaneng

Post by adi_khaneng » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:31 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

See page 45 section 2.2. I hope this helps.

bilqees
Newly Registered

Post by bilqees » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:40 am

sushdmehta wrote:1. Yes, because to be able to apply for settlement as a dependant you must be in the UK as a dependant.

Given that the qualifying residence period for (new) PBS dependant(s) will increase from 2 years to 5 years from 09-Jul-12, it doesn't make sense now for you to undertake that change - depending on whether the "Tier 1" you refer to is a Tier 1 sub-category that leads to settlement and, if so, when you'll become eligible for settlement in your own right.
Hi Sushd,

I want to clarify a few points here.
My husband will apply for ILR in August (in person) and I am planning to apply as a partner/spouse of a settled person after he gets ILR (really hopeful and fingers crossed!!).
According to the following link:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ing-in-uk/
I can do so from within UK.
Is that correct?

I cannot apply for ILR on my own via tier-1 settlement route because it seems I am not able to score sufficient points.

Thanks,
Bilqees.

ajs

Post by ajs » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:57 pm

bilqees wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:1. Yes, because to be able to apply for settlement as a dependant you must be in the UK as a dependant.

Hi Sushd,

I want to clarify a few points here.
My husband will apply for ILR in August (in person) and I am planning to apply as a partner/spouse of a settled person after he gets ILR (really hopeful and fingers crossed!!).
According to the following link:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ing-in-uk/
I can do so from within UK.
Is that correct?

I cannot apply for ILR on my own via tier-1 settlement route because it seems I am not able to score sufficient points.

Thanks,
Bilqees.

You can apply for FLR(M) i.e partner/spouse of a settled person from within UK.