ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New rules and spouse visa from Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JAGOO

New rules and spouse visa from Pakistan

Post by JAGOO » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:31 pm

Experts plz help on the following.

1. If i was to apply for a spouse visa from pakistan for my wife then would they issue a 5 years visa (according to the new rules coming in force) or still 2 years and then extension in the UK for further 3 years?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:47 pm

If you apply before July 9, a 27 month visa (under the current rules); if you apply after July 9, a 30 month visa that is renewable for a further 30 months (under the new rules to make a total of five years).

ruuh

Post by ruuh » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:01 pm

Lucapooka wrote:If you apply before July 9, a 27 month visa (under the current rules); if you apply after July 9, a 30 month visa that is renewable for a further 30 months (under the new rules to make a total of five years).
I thought if you are on pre-9th July rules then you remain on those rules, i.e. you can apply for ILR after 2 years without having to wait 5 years.

Alif1

Post by Alif1 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:23 pm

ruuh wrote:
Lucapooka wrote:If you apply before July 9, a 27 month visa (under the current rules); if you apply after July 9, a 30 month visa that is renewable for a further 30 months (under the new rules to make a total of five years).
I thought if you are on pre-9th July rules then you remain on those rules, i.e. you can apply for ILR after 2 years without having to wait 5 years.

That is EXACTLY what Lucapooka said. Read what he said again.
Application submitted: Lhe 19.04.12
Application Forwarded to Isld 19/04/12
Under Process at BHC: 07/05/12

Peace, love and best wishes to all.

ruuh

Post by ruuh » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:28 pm

Alif1 wrote:
ruuh wrote:

That is EXACTLY what Lucapooka said. Read what he said again.
Ah, I must have misread it the first time. Cheers.

JAGOO

Post by JAGOO » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:49 pm

Thnx for the information and i really appreciate it. Can you also help me on the following.

1. After 9th July, how much maintenance i wud need to show per month.
2. I have a job £19000 since april this year so that wud be fine.
3. How much money i wud need to show per month in my account?
4. I have a savings of £3000 per month in my account (The balance never goes down £3000 but always above).
5. I have read the form (applying outside the UK) which says that 6 months statements are required.

Plz advice accordingly...

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:43 pm

You need to show £18.6k after July 9th.

If you've been employed under 6 months - you'll have to show payslips showing a total income over the previous 12 months of that £18.6k.

If you've been employed over 6 months - you'll have to show those payslips from your £19k job.

Your savings are too low to be of any use.

You don't need to show any money left over - just the minimum income.

M.

JAGOO

Post by JAGOO » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:41 pm

MPH80 wrote:You need to show £18.6k after July 9th.

If you've been employed under 6 months - you'll have to show payslips showing a total income over the previous 12 months of that £18.6k.

If you've been employed over 6 months - you'll have to show those payslips from your £19k job.

Your savings are too low to be of any use.

You don't need to show any money left over - just the minimum income.

M.
Thnx for your advice.

1. I have been employed with this comoany since Sep 2011.
2. I renewed my contract in april 2012 which is a £19k job.
3. My savings are in my current account where my wages get paid into.
4. So basically, every month i have a balance of over £3000 plus my wages on top of that.
5. Do you think that wud be fine for the visa?

Appreciate your help so far.

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:45 pm

What is your total income before tax if you add your past 6 wages slips?
What is your total income before tax if you add your past 12 wage slips?

You balance of over £3000 does not matter. It would not matter even if it was £10000. It would not even matter if it was £16000. The amount over £16000 can count upto an extent if you do not meet the income threshold. But first do the sums as I asked, and we shall try to find an answer.

JAGOO

Post by JAGOO » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:19 pm

asim72 wrote:What is your total income before tax if you add your past 6 wages slips?
What is your total income before tax if you add your past 12 wage slips?

You balance of over £3000 does not matter. It would not matter even if it was £10000. It would not even matter if it was £16000. The amount over £16000 can count upto an extent if you do not meet the income threshold. But first do the sums as I asked, and we shall try to find an answer.
1. I get paid (Gross pay) £1584 every month since april 2012.
2. I will be applying for my wife visa in January 2013 as she is leaving in October this year, taking the test and hopefully will pass in December 2012.
3. I will be showing From July to Dec (Wages Slip) this year for the visa.

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:33 pm

You are going to meet documentary evidence requirement to show minimum required income.
You will also need to show your bank statements matching your wage slips, contract of employment and a letter from your employer.

I hope that you know that the income requirement is not the only basic requirement and there are various other requirements that you have to meet for a spouse visa.

JAGOO

Post by JAGOO » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:54 pm

asim72 wrote:You are going to meet documentary evidence requirement to show minimum required income.
You will also need to show your bank statements matching your wage slips, contract of employment and a letter from your employer.

I hope that you know that the income requirement is not the only basic requirement and there are various other requirements that you have to meet for a spouse visa.
1. Yes i know as i have used those documents for her PBS dependent visa in 2010 wen she came here as my dependent then renewed her visa last year.

2. I will be submitting my marriage certificate, the account we have is a joint account, a letter from the landlord, employment contract, letter from my employer, wages slips 6 months, bank statements to show those payments.

3. I am sure that i do not need to show my wedding pics anymore as i am sure that they know she is my wife as i applied before for her visa wen she came here then i got her stay extended.

4. Do u suggest anything else?