ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics letter - bar code error

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

layman

Biometrics letter - bar code error

Post by layman » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:04 pm

After my successful PEO application for my visa extension, I had applied by post for my dependants. Received the Biometrics enrolment letter for 3 dependants and went to the post office. Biometrics went fine for 2 dependants but the bar code was not scanable for my younger kid. Was asked to contact UKBA. Wrote an email to AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. They replied saying bar code cannot be re-generated and that I need to call Immigration Enquiry Bureau at 0870 606 7766 and they will book an appointment at an enrolment center.

All seemed well till this point. Tried 2 times and disconnected after listening to the music and the 'high call volumes' message for more than 30 minutes. Reached an adviser on the 3rd attempt after 20 minutes. Imagine my frustration when the adviser mentioned that the in-person enrolment for bar-code error cannot be done at the Belfast PEO(I live in NI) and that I need to go to one of the other PEOs in the mainland.

My kid is less than 6 years old so does not need to provide fingerprints. To travel to mainland just to take a digital photograph is to me gross waste of time and resources with the attached inconvenience. I have emailed UKBA for an alternative but going by how UKBA functions, I doubt if they will make any attempt to come at a pragmatic solution.

Now that I have vented some of my frustration, I will come to the questions.

Are biometrics mandatory for all below 6 children given that the application already has their photographs?
Do you know of any incidence where kids below 6 were exempted from biometrics?

While going through the information for other PEOs, I noticed this sentence in the Liverpool PEO information

Dependent children do not need to attend the office.

Does this mean dependent children(who are not applying) of adults who are applying in person OR dependent children listend on the main applicants form for PEO application?

Any other experiences due to bar code error on the enrolment letter?
Last edited by layman on Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ups

Post by ups » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:17 pm