ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FRL(M) same-day application,what further enquiries?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

booboochoupi
Newly Registered

FRL(M) same-day application,what further enquiries?

Post by booboochoupi » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:36 pm

Hi all,

I'm switching from Tier 4 using FRL(M). We used same-day service but they said they keep the application for further enquiries (1-2weeks!).
We've been married for a month but actually together for like 2 years. We provided:
-wedding and honeymoon pictures and paperwork
-pictures and bookings made when we traveled to meet the parents before wedding
-tenancy agreement and pictures of the flat
-payslips,statements, parents support letters and payslips etc.

We are confident about meeting the maintenance requirements (pre-9th july). I never breached the terms of my stay either.

I asked if they needed any additional documents but they said no, just that they need to keep what they got and make checks.

Does anyone know what kind of enquiries they make and how long it actually takes? Do they come to visit your flat without notice for instance? Thank you for any help.

booboochoupi
Newly Registered

Post by booboochoupi » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:53 pm

Please, has anyone already experienced such case? Or heard about what such checks?

Thank you

booboochoupi
Newly Registered

Post by booboochoupi » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:13 pm

We got a call from UKBA this morning saying the visa was granted and we can come and collect our paperwork at croydon.

I take the opportunity to thank everyone on this forum who's experience helped prepare the application.