ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question About Bank Statement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Question About Bank Statement

Post by scorpio_besal » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:00 pm

Hello Every one,

I was wondering if some one could help clarify one of my doubts, it may may a daft question :-) , I tried to check for the answer on UKBA website ,here is what I have found.

According to UKBA website, http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... gevidence/

Under the section "What documents you must send" it says that you must a sequence of documents.

So here is my question:- Say I need to show the my income from my employment from my present employer from Mar 2012 to Feb 2013, do I need to ask my bank to get me each and every transaction from 01 Mar 2012 untill 28 Feb 2013

OR

Can I just ask them to print/send me the transaction (salary credit) for the days I have got paid, example I get paid on the 20 of each month so Can I ask my bank to send me statement from 15-25 of each month for the last 12 month (Mar 12-Feb 13) which includes my salary credit.

:D
Last edited by scorpio_besal on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:04 pm

You need only provide statements for actual income you are claiming. If you were only paid once you need only provide one statement for that amount. If you are actually able to get statements that cover individual transactions (rather than all transactions in a given weeks or months), they should be okay if they are official bank instruments.

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:14 pm

Lucapooka wrote:You need only provide statements for actual income you are claiming. If you were only paid once you need only provide one statement for that amount. If you are actually able to get statements that cover individual transactions (rather than all transactions in a given weeks month), they should be okay if they are official bank instruments.
Thanks for the quick reply Lucapooka :-) , So if I were to ask my bank to send me the statement for the last 2 weeks of each month, as that's the period when I would get paid (most of the time its 19th of each month) .

And then at the time of extension I would show the official bank statement duly signed from MAR 2012 - Feb 2013 , just the last 2 weeks of each month which shows my salary credit on 19th of each month, instead of getting the transaction the whole year.

AM I RIGHT.

:) :)
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:08 pm

If I get all the bank statements on official bank stationary (bank letter pad )and duly signed on each paper, showing my wages being paid on the 19 of the each month. If I have the statement like I showed below:-

First Statement from 15 March 2012- 25 March 2012.

Second Statement From 15 April 2012- 25 April 2012

Third Statement from 15 May 2012- 25 May 2012.

So on so forth till Feb 2013, Would that be OK.

Or

Should each statement from 1 of the month till the end while we submit the statement to UKBA.
Regards,
A Mutant Member

Manka10

Re: Question About Bank Statement

Post by Manka10 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:30 pm

scorpio_besal wrote: Under the section "What documents you must send" it says that you must a sequence of documents.

So here is my question:- Say I need to show the my income from my employment from my present employer from Mar 2012 to Feb 2013, do I need to ask my bank to get me each and every transaction from 01 Mar 2012 untill 28 Feb 2013

OR

Can I just ask them to print/send me the transaction (salary credit) for the days I have got paid, example I get paid on the 20 of each month so Can I ask my bank to send me statement from 15-25 of each month for the last 12 month (Mar 12-Feb 13) which includes my salary credit.

:D
you can even get a statement showing only credits to your account so all 12 months salary credits you can get on a single page BUT never do that,
BA wants to see the whole actual statement instead of a modified piecemeal version

statements should be in the same format as banks normally send at the end of the month which shows all transactions
Manka

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:51 pm

Thanks for the reply, but no one is talking about MODIFIED statement here.

I am not modifying anything , I was checking that if I get only the last 2 weeks of the transaction of each month instead of getting the whole month to save pages, I dont like printing too many pages (just being environmental), after all they have to just check my salary credit against the wage slip that I would be providing.

:)
Regards,
A Mutant Member

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:54 pm

As Manka10 suggested above. Get the print out of everything and not just the periods were your salary was credited.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:38 pm

scorpio_besal wrote:Thanks for the reply, but no one is talking about MODIFIED statement here.

I am not modifying anything , I was checking that if I get only the last 2 weeks of the transaction of each month instead of getting the whole month to save pages, I dont like printing too many pages (just being environmental), after all they have to just check my salary credit against the wage slip that I would be providing.

:)
no one is saying or asking you to modify the actual transactions on the bank statement

by modification I meant modifying the format of a normal bank statement

to repeat what I said before, BA expects a NORMAL BANK STATEMENT that is sent out at the end of every calendar month but, as always, the choice is yours whether you send them what they need or send what you think is right
Manka

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:32 pm

Manka, Thanks buddy for taking your time out and replying.

I am not on paper bill with my bank (I am on paperless/ebills) and hence I to get on paper I would need to ask them to get all the transactions printed which I feel is waste of paper.

I was just being environmental, I am not going to print the statement on my own or ask my bank to modify anything, I was thinking of just asking them to get the transaction for just the last 2-3 weeks of each month so that we dont have to waste paper , after all I dont understand what's the difference in showing statement for the last 3 weeks versus the whole month when they just have to see my salary credit from my employer each month on the 19th.

I just dont understand the logic.
Regards,
A Mutant Member

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:25 pm

Scorpio_besal: Why are you trying to complicate a simple process by saying you want to be environmental friendly?

You are trying to add unnecessary complexities. As Manka10 has already said, print out every part of your statement for the period you require and submit it that way.

Kind Regards

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:47 pm

I am going to get the entire cycle from 2012 - 2013, like Manka said, the way it should be.
Regards,
A Mutant Member

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:57 pm

its an unwritten rule mate, see the link you posted yourself & read the extract below

If you do not send us all the documents we need when you make your application, we will contact you if you have sent:

a sequence of documents, and some of the documents in the sequence are missing (for example, if one bank statement from a series is missing)

in the example of the bank statement they have cited, they expect a monthly bank statement

if you just give a few transactions on the statement, CW might think you have something to hide in the transactions, do not give any room for CW's imagination to run, if you are going to send 2-3 weeks transactions then why leave out the rest 1 odd week or so in a month?

I had asked the same question to my consultant & he strongly advised against anything other than a normal monthly statement so go with the flow & forget about the environment for the time being

cheers bio
Manka

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:06 pm

Like I said before, as you correctly pointed out, I have done my research about the monthly statements, its just that I dont get UKBA's logic wasting thousand of pages every month for the sake of extension, where as they should be bothered about checking the transaction which is in question, that is income earned, not how and where the money has been spent etc.

Obviously Manka, I dont expect you to you know why they have got this sort of rule, Its just that I feel awkward when you first mentioned that I was trying to modify and then later talked about changing the bank format and all that, while I was just trying to get the logic of why we have to waste pages.

Dont get me wrong now, I do appreciate your advice and as many other mentioned, I am going to get all the statement from the bank with all the transaction at the time of extension.
Regards,
A Mutant Member

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:29 pm

In addition, if you also intend to use the same statement for maintenance funds, then UKBA must see that you have maintained the funds over a 90 day period and so the part of the statement that shows only salary credits will not be enough to prove this. Maybe that's why they need the entire statements. Just my own two cents.

Kind Regards

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:34 pm

Cheers Bio, For the fund maintenance,I am going to get the statement for the last 90 days (3 months) separately.

And for the income evidence , I am going to get the whole lot from 2012 - 2013.
Regards,
A Mutant Member