ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA3 returned - please help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dochelp
Newly Registered

EEA3 returned - please help

Post by dochelp » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:49 pm

Was wondering if anyone could help, my wife is a Romanian citizen and I am a non EEA family member. We applied this year for PR using EEA3 and EEA4 as she started exercising treaty rights from 2007 as a worker, but since then we had two children and my wife has not been working. I have been supporting my family. The application was returned with a generic letter asking her to provide proof of working or if self-sufficient to show comprehensive sickness insurance. I did not know we needed comprehensive sickness insurance. Please advice how to to proceed from here? Do you know any good EEA immigration lawyers? Many thanks in advance.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:23 pm

Where her periods out of work significant? Was she on maternity leave?

Immigration lawyer can't change the law.

Worst case, get CSI now and apply for another 5 years of RC.

dochelp
Newly Registered

Post by dochelp » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:44 pm

Jambo wrote:Where her periods out of work significant? Was she on maternity leave?

Immigration lawyer can't change the law.

Worst case, get CSI now and apply for another 5 years of RC.
Thank you for the reply.
Yes, she was off work for 4 years. Was checking online for CSI , cant find any, any recommendations.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:08 pm

Search in the forum and you will find a few providers. It's just the HO that calls it CSI. It is basically private health insurance.

The European Comission is questioning the UK position on the CSI requirement so maybe things will change in future.