ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement application - spouse of settled person

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Need_light

Settlement application - spouse of settled person

Post by Need_light » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:47 pm

I have some queries regarding my immigration status.

My Scenario

My husband has been received ILR on the base of long residency(10 years student). My visa status was Tier 4 PBS dependent as a spouse. I am in the United Kingdom more than seven years as a spouse (including last 2 years 6 months as a Tier 4 PBS dependent). I have switched to FLR (M) couple of days ago. Yesterday I had an appointment Settlement Checking Service for SET(M). but they contact with home office , HO told I have to wait for 2 years in FLR (M) category. Settlement Checking Service refuse me to send the application . I have lose money.

I have another appointment in Birmingham PEO end of this month. i have also reply form HO by email from PAT

my email

Dear Sir/Madam

My husband has been received ILR on the base of long residency(10 years student). My visa status was Tier 4 PBS dependent as a spouse. I am in the United Kingdom more than seven years as a spouse (including last 2 years 6 months as a Tier 4 PBS dependent). I have switched to FLR (M) couple of days ago.

Can I apply for SET(M) application now ?( without waiting 2 years leave as a dependent of settled person under the Paragraph 287(i)(d) ) ?

Reply from HO

Thank you for your email. I can confirm that paragraph 3 of your email below will apply.

Once you have “switched” into FLR (M) category, as you have completed 2 years leave as a dependant, you will be able to apply for settlement (leave as the dependant of a PBS migrant and leave as the dependant of a settled person can be amalgamated to meet the 2 year requirement). You will of course have to meet the requirements of paragraph 287(a) of the Immigration Rules.

I hope this clarifies the situation.

Yours sincerely

Pat
Settlement Operational Policy

My Queries

1) do you think it will be better idea to go Birmingham PEO with this email or do i need to wait for 2 years for settlement.

2) is the 287(a)(i)(d) apply in my scenario?

3) if i get refused by case worker what option i have ?

4) give me a suggestion what to do??

thanks for your support.

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Settlement application - spouse of settled person

Post by sufferhead » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:33 pm

Need_light wrote:I have some queries regarding my immigration status.

My Scenario

My husband has been received ILR on the base of long residency(10 years student). My visa status was Tier 4 PBS dependent as a spouse. I am in the United Kingdom more than seven years as a spouse (including last 2 years 6 months as a Tier 4 PBS dependent). I have switched to FLR (M) couple of days ago. Yesterday I had an appointment Settlement Checking Service for SET(M). but they contact with home office , HO told I have to wait for 2 years in FLR (M) category. Settlement Checking Service refuse me to send the application . I have lose money.

I have another appointment in Birmingham PEO end of this month. i have also reply form HO by email from PAT

my email

Dear Sir/Madam

My husband has been received ILR on the base of long residency(10 years student). My visa status was Tier 4 PBS dependent as a spouse. I am in the United Kingdom more than seven years as a spouse (including last 2 years 6 months as a Tier 4 PBS dependent). I have switched to FLR (M) couple of days ago.

Can I apply for SET(M) application now ?( without waiting 2 years leave as a dependent of settled person under the Paragraph 287(i)(d) ) ?

Reply from HO

Thank you for your email. I can confirm that paragraph 3 of your email below will apply.

Once you have “switched” into FLR (M) category, as you have completed 2 years leave as a dependant, you will be able to apply for settlement (leave as the dependant of a PBS migrant and leave as the dependant of a settled person can be amalgamated to meet the 2 year requirement). You will of course have to meet the requirements of paragraph 287(a) of the Immigration Rules.

I hope this clarifies the situation.

Yours sincerely

Pat
Settlement Operational Policy

My Queries

1) do you think it will be better idea to go Birmingham PEO with this email or do i need to wait for 2 years for settlement.

2) is the 287(a)(i)(d) apply in my scenario?

3) if i get refused by case worker what option i have ?

4) give me a suggestion what to do??

thanks for your support.

As their email suggested you are fine. You dont need to wait any further as the period you have spent as a depend spouse will be taken in to consideration. Good luck
nothing united in United Nation.