ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr success today @ solihull peo

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dsoso

Post by dsoso » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:23 pm

hello all,
i salute the originators of this forum and say a huge thank you to all its contributors.
i truly could not wait for this time to expressively say how glad i am that i stumbled on this website during my search last year for a way out of my traffic offence and its implication on my ilr.
History:
work permit same employer for 5yrs
applied for myself and a dependant
traffic offence IN10

I did not have a clue about so many things regarding my ilr i.e. The new SOC code nor did i know of the the new immigration law for traffic offenders and ilr until i heard a
friend passively say that his friend was denied his ilr because he drove without insurance but that given. this was when my panic started but ended today after being granted my ilr
Basically after hearing this sour story i researched into this on the net, called the home office on different occassions to ask if my offence was a criminal one and i was told a categorical no by some being it was not a custodian one(involving arrest) while others said it was. I inquired also from two different lawyers and one said same that it was not a criminal offence and the other felt it was and so i should apply for further live to remain!

Ok after all said i still was unsure of what to do and so did more research and came across NACRO (crime reduction charity organisation).i emailed them explaining my plight and the very helpful lady who responded explained the rule about the traffic offence and the home office april 6th 2011 immigration rule to me. having said this she advised me to obtain a subject access request from the police national computer given that this database is that which the HO uses for its criminal checks. I straightaway did this in and it came back with no records held reply.so i went back to the nacro lady asking the million dollar question of should i then disclose this offence in my form and she said NO as this will be unnecessary and contradictory given the PNC says i have no criminal record! just few weeks before my visa application,i requested for yet another SAR from the PNC so as to satisfy my inquisitive unsettled mind and the response which came back was same.
Thus i completed my form and prayed over it and did as nacro staff advised.
On this day i was asked for the following:
set o form
employer letter
my pay slips and bank statements
cohab docs(gave her all i had and she took out tv license and npower, tenancy agreements and bank statements covering two years).

N.B.she asked me for council tax bills and i told her i did not have because i moved house and misplaced a number of docs including it.
She was ok with my other cohab dosc tendered and approved my ilr after doing some checks which seemed like it took 20hrs but was actually for 20mins.
There was IT problems and so there was some delay in doing our biometrics; by and large the whole process and time spent there from 10am appt time was 3 and half hours.

My personal observation and advice are: do not give in to one school of thought alone, ask for advice and sugqestions from as many trusted sources and if possible document your correspondence and advice.
It cost a lot photocopying cohab documents but try to have 3/4 diff sources that cover say every quarter of each year.
Solihull staff were ok to me and not as overly friendly as was the impression got from this forum(not that this mattered anyway)
lastly, be calm when before a CW and provide what you are asked.

I took my time despite my few weeks old baby's demand to type out this comprehensive testimony because i want to give back from the quality of help i got on this good forum.

I wish future applicants the very best.
May God bless you all

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:52 am

Hi dsoso

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your valueable PEO experience with us on the forum.

I just wanted to ask you that how many months of bank statements and payslips you've provided to the CW and did the CW asked you explicitly for your P60's or your HMRC employment history.

Thanking you in anticipation and waiting for your reply.

Good luck for the future.

ak36

Post by ak36 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:45 am

Many congratulations on your success dsoso and thanks for shearing your story here.

I am due for my ILR in the next two months and am planning to book an appointment at Solihull, being the nearest to me. Can you please tell me how did you book your appointment? Did you book it online or called them up? It is extremely difficult to book online because all slots for a date are gone by the time I do it in day time. They can't help you with phone booking. Please help.

dsoso

Post by dsoso » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:26 am

hi guys,
i presented just d specified 3 mths payslip and bank statement which she was ok with(although i had up to 6mths worth in my bag).
Also as part of cohab docs,without her asking, my p60s of 5yrs were suvmitted but she took two from it.

As per booking, i did book it online which is currently the only booking method;i had same challenge too but that was mainly as i later found on this forum because i was trying to book it too early thats is earlier than 42 days in advance which is the earliest one can book. I booked for mine during the day but some guys on this forum said you stand a chance of doing so at 12midnight because that is when the HO refreshes their booking page.

Goodluck

ak36

Post by ak36 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:56 am

Thanks dsoso.

I finally managed to book an appointment last night by following the same rules as you and others have sheared on this forum i-e try booking online just after mid night and don't try to book for any date beyond 42 days.

Vijay.pailla

Post by Vijay.pailla » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:43 pm

Many Congratulation.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Could you please let me know if u included your baby as a dependent in your application form. My case is similar to yours(2 HSMP+3 Tier 1 G).

My wife will be having a baby by the time I apply for my ILR in Nov 2012. I am planning not to include her as dependent but directly apply for Citizenship after my ILR.

Please update me on this.

Thanks and Kind Regards
VJ

dsoso

Post by dsoso » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:19 pm

hi,no i did not apply for ilr for my child as he was born here and so my new status means he can get his naturalisation and british passport(using form MN1) for the inital application.just know that he cannot travel anywhere yet until he gets it.
Cheers