ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR quert

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sjkumar
Newly Registered

ILR quert

Post by sjkumar » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:11 am

I am applying for ILR in Sep 2012.I was on tier-1 general from 2007 2nd october.My husband is on tier1 dependent with from the 28 sept.But the start date of my spouse visa was earlier than me by 5 days.

If I am applying for ILR do my spouse has to be with me for 2 years or 5 years.And if so do i count my 28 days or my husband 28 days for applying ILR and which form should i use for my husband and myself.
Last edited by sjkumar on Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:22 am

I am applying for ILR in Sep 2012.

I was on tier-1 general from 2007 october.My spouse is dependent with from the same.
Do you mean that your husband is your dependant from the same date?

But the start date of my spouse visa was earlier than me by 5 days.
Do you have a tier 1 visa, or are you tier 1 dependant?

If I am applying for ILR do my spouse has to be with me for 2 years or 5 years.And if so do i count my 28 days or my husband 28 days for applying ILR and which form should i use for my husband and myself.

Now, who has got what visa? Can you please try to put it all down a bit better.

sjkumar
Newly Registered

ILR quert

Post by sjkumar » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:45 am

My husband is on tier1 dependent visa and myself is on tier1 general.

I had my initial visa in 2007 with start date 2 oct and my husband 28 sep

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:28 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... et%28o%29/

You need the above form to apply for ILR. Your husband will apply on the same form as your dependant. Please ensure that the form is valid on the date of application.

Why do you need to worry if your husband needs 2 years or 5 years when both of you would have been 5 years when you apply?

Why worry about 28 days before you or your husband? Why not apply 21 days before?

In an case, you do not "need" to apply 28 days before your qualifying period. You "can" apply 28 days before your qualifying period.

sjkumar
Newly Registered

ILR query

Post by sjkumar » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:50 am

What happens if my appointment date the case worker or the server doesnt respond due to server outrage...do i get a new appointment without booking using the online booking..

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:38 am

Who knows?

What if there is a traffic jam and your cannot get to the appointment?

What if your are using train and all trains get cancelled that day?

What if bus drivers go on strike?

What if your car breaks down, and you are stuck on motorway services?

There can be so many of the questions you can create in your mind.

Why not just apply by post, send by recorded delivery, keep the receipt.

Smam

Re: ILR query

Post by Smam » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:43 am

sjkumar wrote:What happens if my appointment date the case worker or the server doesnt respond due to server outrage...do i get a new appointment without booking using the online booking..
Hi

The simple ans to your question is that NO you wont get another appointment unfortunately. UKBA will keep your docs and they'll send it to you on a later date which only God knows when that later date come God Forbid if it happens.

Please do kindly share your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Good luck for your ILR.