ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Variation of application from ILR to Tire 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

johngt
Newly Registered

Variation of application from ILR to Tire 1

Post by johngt » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:22 pm

Hi,
I applied for ILR on the 28th at Croydon PEO. I had one trip outside of UK for 100 days. This was for business reasons and I was given further enquiries to be made letter on the same day.

Then today 05th July I have received a letter from Home Office stating they need to see further evidence and given me 14 days from 29th June.

Currently I am not in a position to submit all the documents within 14 days, hence is it possible to apply from Tire 1 extension as a variation of application?

I have the below questions, if anyone can help will be great...

1, Do I need to pay another fee for varying the application to Tire 1?
2, They have asked me to send all the documents to Croydon and i believe all my documents to be at Croydon office, and I have managed to secure appointment @ Croydon for the 18th, can I go with just my Tire 1 application as they already have other documents?

Any help will be very much appreciated....

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:17 am

See Varying an application.

Does the letter, that you have received, contain contact details of the caseworker?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

johngt
Newly Registered

Post by johngt » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:50 am

No, it only has croydon office address.

And says SCW Team 1st Floor CRoydon

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:40 pm

I would suggest that you call UKBA and try to get routed to the caseworking team / your caseworker at Croydon (if possible). They should be able to advise you if you can apply to vary an application in person, and if you can, can you do it on 18-Jul.

My only concern here is that in absence of documents requested by 13-Jul, the caseworker will have 4 days to make a decision on your application before you get down there on 18-Jul with the request to vary an application.
Once a decision has been made on an application, it can no longer be varied.

Alternatively, apply by post without delay - and with a covering letter explaining what you are requesting and all the relevant details about the ILR application.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!