ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ExtensionDividend: GrossNet, InvoiceSummary, PaySlipStamping

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

t1guk
Newly Registered

ExtensionDividend: GrossNet, InvoiceSummary, PaySlipStamping

Post by t1guk » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:17 pm

1)
Is dividend amount that we consider gross or net?
I.E. x * (10/9) = y

So can we claim points for y or x? I could be conservative and claim for x.

I know for salary it has been mentioned Gross Salary is considered, but not sure for dividends.

2) Invoice Summary: What sort of information should the accountant include in the letter on this? I plan on printing the invoices, signing them and taking with me to the appointment. If the CW asks, then I shall submit them. Do these need to be stamped by accountant as well?

3) Since I am a director of a Limited Company and pay myself a salary, my accountant will sign and stamp the payslips. They will also be signed by me. I will not be stamping them, and neither are the payslips on company headed paper, but they do have the company name on them. Is this ok?

4) UKBA keeps referring to people who earn salary as self-employed(paying class 2 NI), while HMRC says employee(paying class 1 NI). I pay Class 1 NI. How to explain this to the CW if they ask?

Thanks! :)

mitulkumar
Newly Registered

Re

Post by mitulkumar » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:43 pm

Dear T1GUK,
1. You can claim gross amount of dividend than net. I also claimed gross for my extension and it was approved.
2.Ask your accountant to write a turn over (income ) of the company for the period claimed on his letterpad.
3.also ask your accountant to provide a letter of income you eaned for the period claimed.e.g. gross salary,net salary, gross and net dividend on his letter pad.

If you have this than there is no need to stamp your pay slip by you or accountant.
4. As you are working through privaate ltd company you are employed not self employed

Let me know if you have more question.

t1guk
Newly Registered

Thanks!

Post by t1guk » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:52 am

I will consider the Gross dividend amount then. This is to keep it consistent with Gross Salary.

I have asked the accountant to add the details. He is preparing the letter!

Thanks for your reply! :)
t1guk

meetravi

Post by meetravi » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:15 pm

Hi mitulkumar / Seniors,

I am a director of an IT company registered in UK,100% shareholder. Do I fall under self employed or employed category?

As per my accountant I am employed because I pay class 1 NIC and take monthly salary from company.

As per UKBA Case worker guidance notes here

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

As per annex c, "Where an applicant is claiming earnings from the UK and is operating through
a limited liability company, they are often involved in the day to day
management of the company or are the sole shareholder. In such
circumstances, they should be considered as Self-Employed. "

Please explain I need to tick self employed or employed in my Tier 1 extension application.

Thanks a ton