ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maroonedsoul

Re: delay in settlement visa

Post by maroonedsoul » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:38 pm

A2345 wrote:I didn't written ielt.I submited provisional for btech deree.
my mistake is degree certificate didn't attached.
I am so frustrated! They charge us hundreds of pounds and cannot even make one call to you asking to see the original certificate. I understand that the onus is on the applicant to make sure we submit all the documents, but mistakes happen, and to make one call and ask for further documentation will not take much time.

Indian High Commission in UK, Canada, and US: they all do that. Why can't the UKBA do it???

I think we all need to start getting our partners to write to local MP's. I think we put up with too much nonsense!

They are only putting our applications to the end because settlement visas do not give them enough income (although our applications cost a lot more). And they dont want people to settle in their country! Come on! We live in the 21st century!

JS26

Post by JS26 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:44 pm

They made her wait for 3.5 months for this thing, My god that's seriously inhuman.

Looks like the UKBA don't have a heart, if they would have told her within a month probably she could have been halfway through her second application.

PATHETIC PATHETIC PATHETIC!!!!

RS_UK
Newly Registered

Post by RS_UK » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:48 pm

maroonedsoul wrote:
I am so frustrated! They charge us hundreds of pounds and cannot even make one call to you asking to see the original certificate. I understand that the onus is on the applicant to make sure we submit all the documents, but mistakes happen, and to make one call and ask for further documentation will not take much time.

Indian High Commission in UK, Canada, and US: they all do that. Why can't the UKBA do it???

I think we all need to start getting our partners to write to local MP's. I think we put up with too much nonsense!

They are only putting our applications to the end because settlement visas do not give them enough income (although our applications cost a lot more). And they dont want people to settle in their country! Come on! We live in the 21st century![/quote

sorry cant let that one pass....'they don't want people to settle in their country'that's tosh!

if they didnt want that they could simply not bother accepting applications.

the reason is probably more to do with all the dodgy applications they receive....if i donr blame them for taking the time as long as they make the correct decision.

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:50 pm

@A2345:

did u attach the points calculator sheet mentioning that ur degree is acceptable by NARIC?

Spouse Visa Applied at VFS Delhi: 5th Sep, 11
Refusal Recvd: 4th Oct, 11
Appeal Lodged: 21st Oct, 11
Hearing Date: 2nd March, 2012
Appeal Allowd: 23rd Mar, 12
Call Letter Recvd: 2nd Apr, 12
VISA GRANTED: 3rd Apr, 12
ILR Granted: 12th Sep 2014

maroonedsoul

Post by maroonedsoul » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:20 pm

@RS_UK,

Yeah, I am 'okay' with them taking more time if it means they take a correct decision (although I could argue about what correct means to them).

In A2345's case, it is something that could have been detected in the initial stages. I am pretty sure when I submitted my docs at VFS, they checked if I was submitting my original degree certificate. Even if VFS had failed to, initial processing of cases must involve a checklist and it could have been rejected straight away or could have informed the applicant to submit it within a few weeks time.

I don't think that's being unreasonable. The problem is although they say they start processing two to three days from submitting biometrics, in reality, I don't think it starts until the end of 2nd or beginning of 3rd month!
Last edited by maroonedsoul on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sraz

delay in settlement visa

Post by sraz » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:21 pm

They have taken 3.5 months to make sure she didnt meet English requirements.........HORRIBLE.......wht these people have been doing for past 3 months??? @A2345 ,have they quotted only this as the reason

swan87
Newly Registered

Post by swan87 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:21 pm

The UKBA site in their english languagement requirement page have mentioned that they dont accept original provisional certificate,but if you are submitting provisional you need to submit academic reference from head of institution.I came across this after submitting my application.I submitted my provisional MBBS degree certificate as i havent received the original yet but I have submitted copies of my internship certificate,medical registration etc.Really scared what they are going to decide over my case.

Applied on 2/4/2012 from VFS cochin

neerajverma

Re: Hai ,

Post by neerajverma » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:25 pm

@A2345,
Really surprising to know about refusal. More shocking is they took such a long time to check about english language requirement..

Such a pissing off thing.....

A2345 wrote:TODAY I COLLECTED MY PASSPORT
VISA WAS REJECTED
REASON: DOES'NT MEET ENLISH REQUIREMENT
:shock:

wAliMeer

Re: Hai ,

Post by wAliMeer » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:45 pm

A2345 wrote:TODAY I COLLECTED MY PASSPORT
VISA WAS REJECTED
REASON: DOES'NT MEET ENLISH REQUIREMENT
Sorry to hear about your rejection mate.! This shows that they haven't even touched the application until now to make such a decision. I wish you the very best of luck if you are opting for the appeal process.
12/04/12 : Application submitted at VFS Hyderabad.
16/04/12 : Application under process at BHC.
18/07/12 : Processed Application couriered via Bluedart.
19/07/12 : Visa Granted.

JS26

Post by JS26 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:19 am

VFS also told me that they have huge number of requests coming in due to Summer Olympics (starting from 27th July) and Summer Paralympics(starting from 29th Aug) games that is why you can expect a delay in your visa.

After looking at the time they are taking to process the visas, I am just thinking that we applied at a wrong time may be :(

Dr_Tej
Newly Registered

Visa Granted

Post by Dr_Tej » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:48 am

My wife collected her documents today from the couriers. And visa has been granted!!! It took 62 days.

Good luck to everyone else waiting. Shouldn't be too long now!!!

maroonedsoul

Post by maroonedsoul » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:21 pm

@ Dr. Tej,

Congratulations the second time around! Must be ecstatic after such a long wait! Let us hope that the trend continues and more people are granted visas ASAP!!

sanghasaab

Re: Visa Granted

Post by sanghasaab » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:30 pm

Dr_Tej wrote:My wife collected her documents today from the couriers. And visa has been granted!!! It took 62 days.

congratulation mate

sraz

delay in settlement visa

Post by sraz » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:29 pm

@Dr-Tej Hearty congratulations ........

sraz

delay in settlement visa

Post by sraz » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:30 pm

@Dr-Tej Hearty congratulations ........

neerajverma

Post by neerajverma » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:59 pm

Dr_Tej wrote:My wife collected her documents today from the couriers. And visa has been granted!!! It took 62 days.

Dr TEJ,

Many many congratulations to you.
Wish you a great time ahead..

Hoping next week will bring good news for other applicants too.

Regards,
Neeraj Verma

----------------------------------
8 May 2012- applied @ VFS Jalandhar
9 May 2012- forwarded to BHC..

wAliMeer

Post by wAliMeer » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:56 pm

Congratulations on your visa Dr Tej!... Have a great time ahead, all that wait has paid off for you :)
12/04/12 : Application submitted at VFS Hyderabad.
16/04/12 : Application under process at BHC.
18/07/12 : Processed Application couriered via Bluedart.
19/07/12 : Visa Granted.

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:17 am

congratulations Dr.Tej.. wish u a very happy and blessed married life ahead!

shahed007
Newly Registered

IOM health certificate check at Heathrow

Post by shahed007 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:44 am

Hello,

My wife has recently been granted settlement visa to come to the UK. The IOM certificate that was used for visa purposes has just expired today but she is due to travel on the 14th july. does she need to do a new IOM certificate, a new CXR or can she just use the expired IOM certificate at Heathrow? Would very much appreciate your experience in this matter.

Many thanks

S

ant06

Post by ant06 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:33 am

Did everyone submit an IOM certificate or is it sufficient if u take it before travel

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:17 am

@shahe007,

congratulations for ur visa... i believe u r from pakistan, right as i have seen ur posts in that thread?
n yes, do get a new IOM(chest x-ray for tb) certificate before travelling..

@ant,

indian applicants have been recently asked to carry chest x-rays, i believe since march, 2012 as per the trend i have seen on this forum..
u dnt need to submit wid the application... but ya, in past, some people didnt carry n they were examined in the health control room at the airport, or they just say that we might send u a letter at ur address stating to get an x-ray done n send to them...

ant06

Post by ant06 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:46 am

@lucy I have always been reading your posts and they serve a great relief for applicants like me .
God bless you for your good intentions and helpful nature.

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:13 am

awwww,

thnk u dear... i have been thru this torture and dats why wanna make sure no one has to suffer like me...

BALAJI_UK

Settlement visa for spouse and new born

Post by BALAJI_UK » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:40 pm

Friends,
I'm joining your long expectation club for applying settlement visa for spouse and new born from India. I've gone through this forum to have a clear understanding and below is my situation and would like to get an expert advice before applying as the time taken by UKBA to process settlement visa is unimaginable and don't want to take the hurdle of appealing and re-applying etc.

Current scenario:
1. I'm currently in ILR visa from July 2011.
2. My wife is currently in FLR(M) as she didn't completed 2 years when I got eligible for ILR. She came to UK in October 2009 and she has now completed 2 years.
3. She is currently in India from May 12 and planning to apply for her settlement and new born together. My understanding is, I can apply together in a single form.

Queries:
Can I apply in VAF4A as mentioned in point 3 or should I apply only for new born?
I believe, the new rule starting from 09-Jul-12 will not have any impact towards this, right
Do I need to maintain any minimum balance in my bank account?
Let me know the docs to be submitted or guide me to the link if already available for the set of proofs to be given along with the original form

Thanks in advance!!!
Applied: VFS Chennai - 22/08/12
Visa Refused - 14/11/2012
Refusal reason - Not provided P60 or copy of employment contract as evidence of your sponsor's gross income from their employment/income sources.

ant06

Post by ant06 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:37 am

WITH GOD'S GRACE Received our VISA's today ....
Granted for 27 months for me and my 3 year old daughter.....
Hip Hip Hurray!!!!

Special thanks to all the friends in this forum for helping me hold my breath throughout this journey .
----------------------------
APPLICATION DATE : 29 MARCH 2012
VISA COLLECTED : 9 JULY 2012
@CHENNAI