ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea family permit processing time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lalolaal

eea family permit processing time

Post by lalolaal » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:57 pm

i applied for eea family permit on 23rd of april..my application is still under process..i want to know maximum time for eea family permit..as for eea2 it is 6 months..

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: eea family permit processing time

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:09 pm

lalolaal wrote:i applied for eea family permit on 23rd of april..my application is still under process..i want to know maximum time for eea family permit..as for eea2 it is 6 months..
After 15 days complain like crazy.

gujjargujrati

Post by gujjargujrati » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:31 am

lalolaal wrote:i applied for eea family permit on 23rd of april..my application is still under process..i want to know maximum time for eea family permit..as for eea2 it is 6 months..
hi lola laal,,,have you any update about your application,,,in my case there are alraedy 52 days gone,,,no change yet,,i am still waiting,,,i suppose increased application are submitted as new changes in immigration laws are announced from july 9, 2012,so every one is in hurry to submit application before 9 july ,,with same numbers of ECO in high commission islamabad, more delays are expected ,,,,ukba has special attitude towards pakistani applicants,and its seems pakistani applicants are intentionaly delayed,,

keffers
BANNED

Post by keffers » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:55 am

Yes, it would appear so.

Quite disgraceful seeing as Pakistan is one of the least corrupt places on earth, where everything is done honestly and bribery for fake documentation is considered a shameful act that is frowned upon by all and sundry.

Its a real mystery.

lalolaal

Post by lalolaal » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:19 pm

gujjargujrati wrote:
hi lola laal,,,have you any update about your application,,,in my case there are alraedy 52 days gone,,,no change yet,,i am still waiting,,,i suppose increased application are submitted as new changes in immigration laws are announced from july 9, 2012,so every one is in hurry to submit application before 9 july ,,with same numbers of ECO in high commission islamabad, more delays are expected ,,,,ukba has special attitude towards pakistani applicants,and its seems pakistani applicants are intentionaly delayed,,

nothing...72 days has been passed.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:40 am

lalolaal wrote:nothing...72 days has been passed.
What have you done so far to get in touch with the embassy? What have been the responses?

gujjargujrati

Post by gujjargujrati » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:23 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
lalolaal wrote:nothing...72 days has been passed.
What have you done so far to get in touch with the embassy? What have been the responses?
,,i dont think high commission in islamabad will act after recieving a mail from applicant so sending them any reminder is useless,,,just wait and wait,,,it seems applications under process now a days will take much more longer than 3 months as there are more applications because of recent changes in immigration rules from 9 july 2012,,,,average time for application process was already 3 months in pakistan and in current circumstances more bad luck for pakistani applicants,,,no time limit ,wait wait wait,,

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:07 pm

Feel free to "wait wait wait" if you want.

Or you can do something about it. Your application should have been processed within one or two days

thsths
United Kingdom

Post by thsths » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:58 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Or you can do something about it. Your application should have been processed within one or two days
It should have, but the UK embassies have never done that, not at the best of times. We had to withdraw one after 2 weeks, for example, and it was in a first world country. Of course you can complain.

But as someone said, if complaining made any difference to service, they should serve us complimentary drinks now at the UKBA, and process applications before they are submitted :-). Now a well targeted complaint to the right place, that is different... and I found Solvit to be very helpful in that respect.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:36 pm

You can be certain that complaining in this forum will get you nothing.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:41 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:You can be certain that complaining in this forum will get you nothing.
Absolutely. Agree 100%.

The decision to complain is up to the applicant. The complaint will not affect the application in any negative. It may have a postive affect.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:43 pm

gujjargujrati wrote:
This may be of interest. Treatment of Pakistani applicatants appears to have improved.

http://icinspector.independent.gov.uk/c ... islamabad/

Incidentally, I strognly suspect that EEA family permits are in practice being treated as if they were settlement visas (this is not allowed).

lalolaal

Post by lalolaal » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:30 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
gujjargujrati wrote:
This may be of interest. Treatment of Pakistani applicatants appears to have improved.

Incidentally, I strognly suspect that EEA family permits are in practice being treated as if they were settlement visas (this is not allowed).

u r rite.they r treating eea family permit as a settlement case...
it is a huge failure of ukba..even i have better information of different visas than idiots sitting in islamabad embassy..After several years they dont know difference between eea family permits and settlement cases..i have mailed them several time and in reply they always say "ur application is under process till all the checks has been made"

gujjargujrati

Post by gujjargujrati » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:55 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
gujjargujrati wrote:
This may be of interest. Treatment of Pakistani applicatants appears to have improved.,,,thank for sharing ,,chief inspecter,s statement seems just point scoring effort as it is contrary to the ground reality,,if someone follow posts from pakistani applicants it clearly show that no one is satisfied in regard to EEA FP applications.