ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

9th July Immigration ammendments

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahzebsaeed
Newly Registered

9th July Immigration ammendments

Post by shahzebsaeed » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:43 pm

I got my EEA family permit and have arrived in UK a week back, I wanted to know if the new laws of £18,000 annual income applies to EEA2 applicants or not? Since I cant see any specific mention about EEA members, all it says that it applies to UK citizen or people settled in the UK, now my wife is working part time and studying full time will she be considered as "settled" or I shouldnt have a reason to worry?

2nd Question in EEA2 form for residence card, my wife comes into the "employed" and "student category" but for student she needs a comprehensive health insurance something that she didnt need while studying in the UK for the past 3 years, if she is employed does she need HI? If yes any suggestions to which insurance is considered acceptable?

Thank You very much.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: 9th July Immigration ammendments

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:34 pm

shahzebsaeed wrote:I wanted to know if the new laws of £18,000 annual income applies to EEA2 applicants or not?
Not
shahzebsaeed wrote:if she is employed does she need HI?
No, and nor do you.

shahzebsaeed
Newly Registered

Post by shahzebsaeed » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:22 pm

Thank you very much for clearing that up :)