ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visitor Visa Denied

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

b00blah
Newly Registered

UK Visitor Visa Denied

Post by b00blah » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:30 am

Hi Guys,

I've got a question about a refusal for UK Visitor Visa. Just got it today. The 2 reasons provided were:

1.) What is the source of the money (7 Lakhs) in your bank account that you have deposited in increments over the past 2 months?
2.) As your father is a farmer and your financially dependent on your father, there were no supporting documents to show any farming related expenses such as tracker registration, farming supply receipts, etc.

And, on the basis of the above mentioned reasons my application was rejected.

For reason #1, I withdrew and deposited 3Lakhs from a joint account under mine and my grandmother's name after her passing away. After withdrawing the money I had closed that account as she was the primary on that account. The remaining 4 Lakhs came from the sale of a car under my father's name. My father just asked me to deposit the money from the sale of the car into my account as University is starting soon I have to pay my fees and also for the purpose that I want to travel to the UK for the Olympics (as my grandfather is going to be one of the torch bearer!!!). I don't know if it makes any different but I had deposited the money in increments of 1/2 Lakh each time as if you deposit more than that the amount gets heavily taxed. Please let me know if this explanation looks good and how can I present 'how I've acquired the funds in my account' so I can satisfy the Visa Officer. And, in my application I've said that I'm dependent on my father financially as I'm still a student.

For Reason#2, I'm able to provide the registration for farming vehicles/equipment and show other expenses I guess by handing in the receipts, etc.

Thanks for replying guys.

Batleykhan: I've shown all the properties that we own in India both farming land and commercial. Framing is my father's primary source of income. As for the commercial property, he just has them as investments. I'm also the only child of my parents and I don't have any intentions of residing in UK except that I want to visit my Uncle and Grandpa for the Olympics and for the sake of travelling after finishing my undergrad.

But would it be a good idea to re-apply so soon as my grandpa is bearing the torch on July 21st and its the 7th today :(. As for my reason to travel, I put down that I wanted to go see my grandpa be the torch bearer as well as that I want to visit uncle and grandpa.

pennylessinindia: lol I totally get ya about tax evasion. Of course I'm not going to say that I was trying to save myself some tax Rs!

I just don't want to talk to up anything more than I already have being the dumbass :)Can you guys give me further advice to what else can I do not to talk to up again! I really want to go see my Grandfather as the torch bearer and the games! My uncle is sponsoring me and they've got my tickets and everything! And, please let me know weather I should appeal the decision with the clarification or file a new application keeping the timeline in mind. Which of the two makes me look good and get me the Visa ASAP.

FYI: I'm an Indian Resident residing in India

Thank you guys for reading.
Last edited by b00blah on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:32 am

You could re apply again while addressing the issues they raised and providing all the evidence.

It will take ages for your appeal to be listed so i recommend just re apply again.

james321
Newly Registered

Post by james321 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:33 am

i think reason 2 is why your visa got rejected u need to show strong evidence that ur father is able to support u financially document evidence needed

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:36 am

Depositing of large amounts of money just prior to a visa application always end in a refusal.

Furthermore as you are still a student and heavily dependant on your father who is just a farmer, the fact that you are making this expensive trip to the UK may well lead to the ECO questioning your intentions to return home after the visit.

I think that is why he refused you. As has been suggested would be easier and cheaper to reapply by thoroughly addressing the points on which you have been refused and showing other good reasons to return back home after visit.

Furthermore you better be quick as the Olympics torch bearers are coming to the end soon, and if that was your main reason for coming to the UK, it may well pass by before you get visa and that is a good reason for ECO to refuse you again as the event has passed
Last edited by batleykhan on Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:57 am

"I don't know if it makes any different but I had deposited the money in increments of 1/2 Lakh each time as if you deposit more than that the amount gets heavily taxed. " Tax evasion always looks bad no matter which country you are in !!!!
pennyless

b00blah
Newly Registered

Post by b00blah » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:29 pm

Thanks for replying guys.

Batleykhan: I've shown all the properties that we own in India both farming land and commercial. Framing is my father's primary source of income. As for the commercial property, he just has them as investments. I'm also the only child of my parents and I don't have any intentions of residing in UK except that I want to visit my Uncle and Grandpa for the Olympics and for the sake of travelling after finishing my undergrad.

But would it be a good idea to re-apply so soon as my grandpa is bearing the torch on July 21st and its the 7th today :(. As for my reason to travel, I put down that I wanted to go see my grandpa be the torch bearer as well as that I want to visit uncle and grandpa.

pennylessinindia: lol I totally get ya about tax evasion. Of course I'm not going to say that I was trying to save myself some tax Rs!

I just don't want to talk to up anything more than I already have being the dumbass :)