ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor RelationShip Evidence

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

james321
Newly Registered

Family Visitor RelationShip Evidence

Post by james321 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:08 am

what should be evidence to proof relationship if sister is sponsoring brother?

my sister is British national but born in home country Pakistan i have her birth certificate in local language is it ok to attach translation copy notary attested ?

other documents she sending me

Undertaking sponsor letter
Residence agreement
Passport copy attested

Rest I'm able to bear all my expenses for trip

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:54 am

I'm not aware of a requirement to prove your relationship, but when I've applied in the past I've provided a copy of the sponsors passport with the aim of proving the sponsors identity & immigration status in the UK.

If you haven't taken a look through the following supporting document guidance for visitors, I'd recommend you do so. Page 3 contains information about what is required by family visitors:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... sitors.pdf

If you are visiting a family member you may wish to include a letter of invitation from them as well as their financial documents, as outlined in the finances and employment section above.
You should also consider supplying evidence of their immigration status in the UK, this could be copies of:
 bio-data pages from their passports
 valid visa or immigration stamp from their passport
 Home Office letter confirming permission to stay in the UK

james321
Newly Registered

Post by james321 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:48 am

Thanks

I attached sponsor British passport attested copy and sponsorship statement and undertaking which identify sponsor relationship is it enough?

but I'm still confused may they reject my visa saying what is proof that she is your real sister

my all other documents like savings monthly income slips employment letter etc attached which i don't see any problem related to my documents.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:41 am

james321 wrote:I attached sponsor British passport attested copy and sponsorship statement and undertaking which identify sponsor relationship is it enough?

but I'm still confused may they reject my visa saying what is proof that she is your real sister.
I'm afraid I can't add any more to what I have already said, other than that I have successfully applied for visit visa's several times in the past with a sibling providing sponsorship for the visit & never faced a problem with providing a letter of sponsorship, and passport copy as mentioned above for the sponsors identity & immigration status. Personally I'd say you are fine with the evidence mentioned for this particular aspect of your application.
On a seperate note, if your sponsor is providing your accomodation while in the UK then you will need to provide evidence for that as well. I provided a Mortgage statement with the sponsors residential address. If you read other posts on this forum you will see other forms of valid evidence. E.g. Land registry certificate.

james321
Newly Registered

Post by james321 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:06 pm

thanks

yes I'm sending tenant agreement by sponsor

lamzat
Newly Registered

Post by lamzat » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:17 pm

Evidence of relationship is now the main thrust by which family visit applications are refused currently. Include family pictures birth certificates and your sponsor should provide a self explanatory letter regarding your relationship. Best of luck.

ups

Post by ups » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:47 am

Assuming both passports have the same parent names, the passports themselves are sufficient proof of the relationship, is it not?