ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling with COA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

brandom
Newly Registered

Travelling with COA

Post by brandom » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:52 am

Hi,need a advice!!!
I applied for PR ( EEA 4) at the end of February 2012.Received COA end of March.My husband already have confirmation of PR (EEA national).
We are going for family holiday at the beginning of August.My 5 years RC expired in June and I am awaiting decision on PR.
I am not visa national but worry to travel in case I would need EEA family permit to enter UK.
Anyone can advice if we can experience problems on UK border on the way back?
We are planning to come back on holiday on last day of COA validity.

Cheers

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Travelling with COA

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:03 am

brandom wrote: I am not visa national
You'll be able to board an aircraft.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:04 am

brandom wrote:My husband already have confirmation of PR (EEA national)
If you can demonstrate this at the border and are traveling together you will be admitted irrespective as to whether the COA valid or not.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:11 am

brandom wrote: Anyone can advice if we can experience problems on UK border on the way back?
Know your rights, be calm, but firm. Familiarise yourself with the law.

brandom
Newly Registered

Post by brandom » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:11 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
brandom wrote:My husband already have confirmation of PR (EEA national)
If you can demonstrate this at the border and are traveling together you will be admitted irrespective as to whether the COA valid or not.
EUsmileWEallsmile thanks for advice.You make my day!!!
We are travelling as family ,children are EEA nationals but didn't want nasty suprises at the border.

Hopefully receive PR before the trip

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:14 am

brandom
Newly Registered

Post by brandom » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:37 am

Very helpful.I will study those regulations tonight.
Thanks again

brandom
Newly Registered

Post by brandom » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:52 am

brandom wrote:
hi,received today from HO requested passports.No PR yet.My husband requested also his confirmation of PR (EEA member) and our marriage certificate but none came.Do you think we are going to need both documents on UK border or they have all info on their system?Should we request above again?thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:17 am

Normally the HO just return the passport and keep the other documents until they are reviewed and a decision is made by the case worker.

The CoA would be enough to enter.

If you have another copy of your marriage certificate, carry it with you in the hand luggage although I don't think you will need to use it.

brandom
Newly Registered

Post by brandom » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:03 pm

Jambo wrote:Normally the HO just return the passport and keep the other documents until they are reviewed and a decision is made by the case worker.

The CoA would be enough to enter.

If you have another copy of your marriage certificate, carry it with you in the hand luggage although I don't think you will need to use it.
Thanks you.My worries are that might be that they refuse PR for some reason when I am abroad and COA might not be valid anymore.
We are travelling as a famile and my children have EEA passport .In case I won/t find copy of marriage certificate are children birth certificates will sort out a problem?
My husband has a copy of his permanent residence (EEA4)

Thanks for advice

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:23 pm

For you to qualify for PR Confirmation if one was granted to the EEA national depends on:

1. You prove your identity.
2. You prove you are a family member.
3. You haven't been away for more than 6 months a year.

Don't see any reason it will get refused.

In any case, I would not worry too much. Even without the marriage certificate, you have an expired RC which shows that you are a family member of EEA national. Even if the IO has doubts, the regulations require him to let you to enter the country to prove your claim. They can't really refuse your entry.

Just show the CoA and move on to pick up the luggage.

brandom
Newly Registered

Post by brandom » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:52 pm

Jambo wrote:For you to qualify for PR Confirmation if one was granted to the EEA national depends on:

1. You prove your identity.
2. You prove you are a family member.
3. You haven't been away for more than 6 months a year.

Don't see any reason it will get refused.

In any case, I would not worry too much. Even without the marriage certificate, you have an expired RC which shows that you are a family member of EEA national. Even if the IO has doubts, the regulations require him to let you to enter the country to prove your claim. They can't really refuse your entry.

Expired RC is in the old passport that is with the rest of documents but I think you are right,shouln't woory too much.

Coming back without EEA family permit will be no problem than?!
Thanks

Just show the CoA and move on to pick up the luggage.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:08 pm

brandom wrote: Coming back without EEA family permit will be no problem than?!
Thanks
No. The CoA / expired RC would be enough. You will be fine.

In any case, why to bother to go to the consulate as any evidence you are thinking of using for a family permit can be shown to the IO at the airport.

Family Permit is really only required by visa national who can't board a flight without a visa.

brandom
Newly Registered

Post by brandom » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:54 pm

Jambo wrote:
brandom wrote: Coming back without EEA family permit will be no problem than?!
Thanks
No. The CoA / expired RC would be enough. You will be fine.

In any case, why to bother to go to the consulate as any evidence you are thinking of using for a family permit can be shown to the IO at the airport.

Family Permit is really only required by visa national who can't board a flight without a visa.
Thanks again for all the informations.I really apreciate