ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Checks that ukba make before issuing spouse visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Faz89
Newly Registered

Checks that ukba make before issuing spouse visa

Post by Faz89 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:34 pm

Hello all i just wanted to kno what complusory checks do ukba do for all flr m applications, like what points do u think there are on their checklist that they consider for everyone, I am currently a student here in uk, n so i hav applied from here.

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:14 pm

They check that your application meets the requirements laid down in immigration rules.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:16 am

For a student FLR(M) application checks will be made on your course attendance and whether you've been working outside of your permitted hours....in addition to the standard checks made for a spouse visa application.

Faz89
Newly Registered

Post by Faz89 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:22 am

Ok.. But nowhere on the form or the website does it mention anything about providing college records, attendance etc? How will they find this out? And how will they check if i have worked, even within limit or exceeding the limit?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:48 am

Faz89 wrote:Ok.. But nowhere on the form or the website does it mention anything about providing college records, attendance etc? How will they find this out? And how will they check if i have worked, even within limit or exceeding the limit?
The UKBA have means to verify facts independently, and don't take what an applicant says in an application form as the absolute truth. E.g. As they know which college you attend (i.e. as you are on a college sponsored student visa), they can contact your college for attendance checks, etc...

Faz89
Newly Registered

Post by Faz89 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:00 pm

Thanks, the college stuff i guess yes they have means as they are connected to the college i go too, a hts college..what about work, do hmrc reveal my monthly income or just annual income or just the tax i pay?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:40 pm

The UKBA have access to HMRC official records and the share information between departments, which would include your earnings and tax/NIC payments. FLR(M) requires financial evidence to be submitted from both sponsor and spouse, including pay slips, bank statements and a P60 if you have been issued with one.

dza926

Post by dza926 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:30 pm

The UKBA have access to HMRC official records and the share information between departments, which would include your earnings and tax/NIC payments.

What if you started a job in April and your employer hasn't yet paid their tax/NI bill? e.g. someone could start work in April, have made an application 3 months later and the tax/NI bill may be paid in August, possibly after any checks have taken place.

Many small business would hang on to that money for as long as possible, so whilst the employee has seemingly paid the tax/NI, the records might show that they haven't?

Do they check with HRMC as a matter of course?

dza926

Post by dza926 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:46 pm

Just to clarify, I'm the sponsor.

Faz89
Newly Registered

Post by Faz89 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:35 am

I dont think they check each individual's record with hmrc,probably only if you havent shown other forms of support/finance(such as parental) and they become suspicious about how you manage.

Dza926 prob best to start a new thread so you get answer you are looking for.

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:13 pm

They probably just call the employer and ask how many hours you are working[/quote]

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:45 pm

dza926 wrote:The UKBA have access to HMRC official records and the share information between departments, which would include your earnings and tax/NIC payments.

What if you started a job in April and your employer hasn't yet paid their tax/NI bill? e.g. someone could start work in April, have made an application 3 months later and the tax/NI bill may be paid in August, possibly after any checks have taken place.

Many small business would hang on to that money for as long as possible, so whilst the employee has seemingly paid the tax/NI, the records might show that they haven't?

Why is the employer not paying on time? They could check that the employer is paying the contributions shown on any salary if there were any concerns. Is this a genuine employer?
pennyless

dza926

Post by dza926 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:04 am

pennylessinindia wrote:
dza926 wrote:The UKBA have access to HMRC official records and the share information between departments, which would include your earnings and tax/NIC payments.

Why is the employer not paying on time? They could check that the employer is paying the contributions shown on any salary if there were any concerns. Is this a genuine employer?
Yes, it's a genuine employer. I have a feeling the next tax/ni payment will be made in August, so I am wondering if there will be a check before the payment is made, which obviously then wouldn't tally with what my wage slips say.

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:33 am

Is it really your headache when the tax and ni gets paid? Why does it worry you?

You have wage slips, and I am sure bank statements to tally with wage slips. And that is all headache that you need to take. If employers remit tax/ni in august, or after 10 years should have no bearing on the correctness of the information that you have provided.