ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Photocopies of everything?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hellokittyhannah

Photocopies of everything?

Post by hellokittyhannah » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:43 pm

Hi all,

thank you to all those that have helped me with my queries.
I now have another query and I would really appreciate some help with it.

We are about to submit my husbands spouse visa in the next week and I am confused as to what documents should be photocopied. It is not very clear on the UKBA website.

We are submitting copies (along with the originals) of my passport(notarized), husbands passport, bank statements and other official documents. But what about all the other documents such as sponsorship statements, letters from family and friends, receipts of our wedding etc. Do we have to submit copies of all of these as well?
How does one decide which document to copy? Its very confusing.
Can someone help with this?

Also, we have some receipts from our wedding but they are not in English. Can they still be submitted? They dont have to be translated do they?

booboochoupi
Newly Registered

Post by booboochoupi » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:50 pm

Hello

I personnaly provided no copies of any document at all. It can help the immigration officer to be faster in his job and you can have a copy of each document you sibmited if there is a problem in the future. However, It is not a requirement to submit originals and copies. Only originals are mandatory.

hellokittyhannah

Post by hellokittyhannah » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:05 pm

boonoochoupi - thank you for your reply.
On the UKBA website it states -
you must send a copy of every original document you submit.
But I am not sure if they want a photocopy of every single document or only all official documents such as bank statements. This is what confuses me.
Perhaps you applied from a country where this was not mandatory?
Still very confused :?

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:55 pm

I applied for spouse visa in Pakistan, my solicitor here made copies of everything, wedding photos, my phone bill statements, bank statements, wage slips, nikkah etc.. :)

hellokittyhannah

Post by hellokittyhannah » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:42 pm

LoveMybaby786 - thanks for that.
So the copies your solicitor made, did you submit all of these along with the originals, or were these copies made for your own reference to keep?
I ask because I was told to copy every single thing too but keep that for my own records in case they lose something.

booboochoupi
Newly Registered

Post by booboochoupi » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:50 pm

hellokittyhannah wrote:boonoochoupi - thank you for your reply.
On the UKBA website it states -
you must send a copy of every original document you submit.
But I am not sure if they want a photocopy of every single document or only all official documents such as bank statements. This is what confuses me.
Perhaps you applied from a country where this was not mandatory?
Still very confused :?
I did the FLR application in the UK.if you are applying from outside then copies are required.when i did mine for entry in the uk,i did provide a copy of every dovument submitted.

hellokittyhannah

Post by hellokittyhannah » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:54 pm

boboochoupie - thanks, now I know that I definetly do need to submit the copies. Can you tell me when you say you submitted copies of every document do you mean even your sponsorship letter and even things like emails and letters from family and friends, mobile phone bills etc?

booboochoupi
Newly Registered

Post by booboochoupi » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:46 pm

Yes. To be on the safe side just copy everything. You can not be penalised if there are too many copies but you can have problems if they expected a copy that you did not provide.
It is much better to spend that little extra time and money in fotocopy than having your application delayed or refused for fotocopy issues (and having to pay for appeal or another application fee).

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:52 pm

When my husband submitted the documents we gave the originals and copy of everything. I have also got a copy of all documents and the solicitor has a copy too so all together my solicitor made 3 copies

Assist_ark

Post by Assist_ark » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:17 pm

Yeah, to be safe. make photocopies of everything! Every single paper. it does say so on the website.

Also, they just might tell you they can't take some documents (photocopies), because the papers would just be too much. In which case, they would choose which copies to include in your application. This is through visa application centres by the way. They claim it won't be able to fit into the folder-like bag they put your application in.

Goodluck

BigEasy

Post by BigEasy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:56 am

We supplied copies of all the documents that we wanted them to return the original of to us, with a note on the contents page to that effect.

We didn't copy letters that supported the specific application because we didn't want them back, and we didn't get them back.

It must be better to supply copies and make their life easier - it can only help them look on your application more kindly one would think.
Fiancée visa application:
Documents received UKBA Bogotá: 18 May 2012
Visa approved: 19 June 2012
FLR(M) PEO Croydon: 13/11/2012, 2 Yr BRP received: 16/11/2012
SET(M) PEO Croydon: 24/10/2014, 10 Yr BRP received 28/10/2014

caylalove
Newly Registered

Post by caylalove » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:19 am

Yes, you should make copies. My husband submitted his application but I did not photocopy everything, I only made copies of documents I wanted back.

They advised my husband to leave and photocopy every page and then return.

Anyone making an application from Jamaica I would advise you to copy everything.