ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applied via scs.. passport issue

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chemike15
Newly Registered

applied via scs.. passport issue

Post by chemike15 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:39 pm

hi everyone;")
i applied set m last march 27,2012 via settlement checking service.. they photocopied all my docs & returned all the original copies including my passport. they said the ukba wil not be needing my original passport anymore.. i know if ever il b granted an ilr, it wil b on the form of biometric residence permit instead of the stamp on the passport..but im just stil wondering if the ukba wont really needing my original passport..
has anyone have the same experience? anyway my application is 15 weeks now and still waiting for the decision;")
thanks in advance..

chemike15
Newly Registered

Post by chemike15 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:19 pm

oh im sorry guys.. i still have one more question..

may i also ask for an advice, because our landlord ask us to find a new place to live because they r going to renovate the property..maybe in two weeks time we r going to move to a new place,we r still looking for a new house at the moment..
is anyone here knows how to change address while the application is on process..my application is straightforward and 15weeks nw..
thank u guys in advance for reading ang replying on my post..
good luck to all of us who are still waiting:")

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by sufferhead » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:14 pm

chemike15 wrote:oh im sorry guys.. i still have one more question..

may i also ask for an advice, because our landlord ask us to find a new place to live because they r going to renovate the property..maybe in two weeks time we r going to move to a new place,we r still looking for a new house at the moment..
is anyone here knows how to change address while the application is on process..my application is straightforward and 15weeks nw..

Since ILR will be issued on BRP (Residence Permit Card) if granted, the checking service officials may be right. But for your address is better you do redirection with Royal Mail now to a trusted address or new address, and inform UKBA immediately in written about your new address, registered the letter at post office so that they can receive it the next day and to the get the address of their office to write to check SET M guidiance note on their website.

Note: redirection can only bring UKBA decision letter on your application not BRP Card.
nothing united in United Nation.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:33 am

basically if your landlord is going to renovate your house then its his duty to look a temp accom for you, and its hassle for you to pack, move, unpack the items, then coming back to original place, pack and unpack and its a real stress a that too while u waiting for brp card. What if it arrives third week or 4 th at your new accom. So think before you do. simply tell the reason and postpone the renovation until u get ur brp

chemike15
Newly Registered

Post by chemike15 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:29 pm

sufferhead wrote:

Since ILR will be issued on BRP (Residence Permit Card) if granted, the checking service officials may be right. But for your address is better you do redirection with Royal Mail now to a trusted address or new address, and inform UKBA immediately in written about your new address, registered the letter at post office so that they can receive it the next day and to the get the address of their office to write to check SET M guidiance note on their website.

Note: redirection can only bring UKBA decision letter on your application not BRP Card.

thank u so mch sufferhead ;")

chemike15
Newly Registered

Post by chemike15 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:30 pm

z18runway wrote:

basically if your landlord is going to renovate your house then its his duty to look a temp accom for you, and its hassle for you to pack, move, unpack the items, then coming back to original place, pack and unpack and its a real stress a that too while u waiting for brp card. What if it arrives third week or 4 th at your new accom. So think before you do. simply tell the reason and postpone the renovation until u get ur brp
thank u so mch z18runaway;")