ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier I Second Extension - Too many queries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

darkhorse10

Tier I Second Extension - Too many queries

Post by darkhorse10 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:51 pm

Hi,

Here are the timelines for my UK immigration stuff.

Date of Initial Visa approval : 27.06.2008 to 27.06.2011
Date of arrival in UK : 02.08.2008
Date of Renewal : 05.05.2011
Expiry date : 05.05.2013

My wife applied as a dependant a bit later,

Date arrived in UK : 02.12.2008

Now we have a son who's born in Feb, 2012.

Here come's my questions,

- If I want to apply for my second extension early, How early can I do that?

Reason for applying early:

If I apply separately for me and my wife, I could show the same money for maintenance of funds (i.e., I show £900 get the visa, and then show the same money for my wife too or else I have to show 900+600*2 for all three of us) Another reason, is applying for all three of us at the same time costs me 1800+900*2 which is a huge ask. BTW, I want to get the PEO to have peace of mind.

- Is my reasoning correct? or am I missing something?
- Depending on my Wife's UK arrival date and the recent changes to family settlement rules, When can I apply for the Settlement?
- Please do advise on how early should I apply for the baby's visa? I read somewhere in this forum that I can apply British Citizenship for the baby when we get the settlement (Sorry I know this question is a peep into the future)

Thanks.

longshift
United Kingdom

Re: Tier I Second Extension - Too many queries

Post by longshift » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:35 pm

darkhorse10 wrote:Hi,

Here are the timelines for my UK immigration stuff.

Date of Initial Visa approval : 27.06.2008 to 27.06.2011
Date of arrival in UK : 02.08.2008
Date of Renewal : 05.05.2011
Expiry date : 05.05.2013

My wife applied as a dependant a bit later,

Date arrived in UK : 02.12.2008

Now we have a son who's born in Feb, 2012.

Here come's my questions,

- If I want to apply for my second extension early, How early can I do that?

You can apply as early as you want. There is no time restriction for extensions....

Reason for applying early:

If I apply separately for me and my wife, I could show the same money for maintenance of funds (i.e., I show £900 get the visa, and then show the same money for my wife too or else I have to show 900+600*2 for all three of us) Another reason, is applying for all three of us at the same time costs me 1800+900*2 which is a huge ask. BTW, I want to get the PEO to have peace of mind.

- Is my reasoning correct? or am I missing something?

Yes

- Depending on my Wife's UK arrival date and the recent changes to family settlement rules, When can I apply for the Settlement?

She is not affected by the new rules. Its only for adult dependants who apply for visa after 9th July. Since your wife is already here, she is not affected.

- Please do advise on how early should I apply for the baby's visa? I read somewhere in this forum that I can apply British Citizenship for the baby when we get the settlement (Sorry I know this question is a peep into the future)

If you are not travelling out of UK. No need to apply for baby's visa. You are right in understanding about his citizenship. In case you are travelling, you can apply for baby's visa togather with your wife's dependant visa.

Thanks.

darkhorse10

Post by darkhorse10 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:27 pm

Thanks Longshift. I have a question cropped up after chatting with one of my friend.

I mentioned that I will be applying for my wife's and son's visas later (after my extension). I have a doubt about the maintenance of funds here.

Do I need to show 900+600+600 even if my wife and son apply later? or is it only 600+600? Is there a immigration rules section in UKBA which clarifies this?

Slightly concerned.

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:31 pm

darkhorse10 wrote:Thanks Longshift. I have a question cropped up after chatting with one of my friend.

I mentioned that I will be applying for my wife's and son's visas later (after my extension). I have a doubt about the maintenance of funds here.

Do I need to show 900+600+600 even if my wife and son apply later? or is it only 600+600? Is there a immigration rules section in UKBA which clarifies this?

Slightly concerned.
When applying for your dependants you don't need to show balance for your self. So only 600+600 is sufficient.

darkhorse10

Post by darkhorse10 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:35 pm

Thanks Longshift.