ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How many days on 2 years visit visa???

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Happyatlast
Newly Registered

How many days on 2 years visit visa???

Post by Happyatlast » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:15 am

My parents have got 2 years family visit visa on which it is stamped 180 days. My mother in last 12 months ( feb 2011 to feb 2012 ) stayed for 2 months. From feb 2012 till feb 2013 can she stay for 4 months or 6 months. The 180 days on her visa means in total for 2 years or for 12 months each?? Kindly help.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:36 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Happyatlast
Newly Registered

Post by Happyatlast » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:21 pm

Hello,

My parents are presently in UK to visit me for two months. At Heathrow Airport they filled in a form stating their duration of stay for 2 months. They still have 4 months remaining out of their 6 months allowed. I want to increase their stay by another month. My query is can they extend their stay when they have given in writing their duration of stay at heathrow airport??

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:23 pm

I assume you are referring to the landing card? They can change their minds and stay longer (for six months) if they wish. There is no need to inform the UKBA.