ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Any one got Citizenship letter based on EU marriage

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ali_ireland

Is Any one got Citizenship letter based on EU marriage

Post by ali_ireland » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:30 am

hi guy i applied my citizenship application nov 2010 based on married to Eu Citizen. im still waiting for citizenship.

my question is .there is any person got citizenship based on marriage on EU citizen?

beocz i only heard the people on working visa and work permit they got very fast citizenship letter. but im not heard any news the people who married to Eu national got citizenship. if any one got citizenship with based on eu marriage plz let me knw thx .

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:08 pm

As there is no provision in Irish nationality law to receive a certificate of naturalisation based on marriage to an EU national, I'm unsure as to which category you have applied under.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

ali_ireland

Post by ali_ireland » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:59 am

i married to eu citizen and spend on eufam visa on 5 yrs on dat base i applied my citizenship its made u clear now?

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:25 am

ali_ireland wrote:i married to eu citizen and spend on eufam visa on 5 yrs on dat base i applied my citizenship its made u clear now?
So you applied on the basis of 5 years reckonable residence. A standard adult application.

ali_ireland

Post by ali_ireland » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:14 pm

yes .but i heard the dept nt dealing n process those citizenship application whom married to eu citizen its dat true?

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:17 pm

I don't understand your question. Could you clarify?

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:12 pm

All of us can guess that after marrying to EU national and 5 years of residency on EUfam4 card you would have applied.

Yes, to answer your question, I have not heard either. I sent mine in June 2011. There are some people who applied in aug, 2011 based on work permit already got one. So, for us no news

dania

Post by dania » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:08 pm

knapps wrote:All of us can guess that after marrying to EU national and 5 years of residency on EUfam4 card you would have applied.

Yes, to answer your question, I have not heard either. I sent mine in June 2011. There are some people who applied in aug, 2011 based on work permit already got one. So, for us no news
i dont understand why they r not processing these applications there should be equality and there should not be any preference,we should go to court to sort this out. :x
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

ali_ireland

Post by ali_ireland » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:29 am

yes i spend 5 yrs on eufam4 i applied my citizen ship on now 2010 my friend was applied after me n he was on working visa and he got irish passport last dec 2011. i made an call to inquire abt my application they told me stright ans my letters states 26 month so i not allow to call and ask in b/w 26 months.but she told me dy will answer me end of this year:(

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:01 pm

so, the funny thing, even people on Asylum or those who applied on behalf of their Irish born children are getting their citizenship approval in 8 months. I know someone who applied 8 months ago got last week approval.

Me married to EU national has been waiting now for 1 year

looks like a joke

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:07 am

Sent an email inquiry and got a response that a letter to invite me to the next ceremony on 30th of Aug has been issued:-))))

Anyone knows where is the ceremony????

ks2010

Post by ks2010 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:09 pm

knapps wrote:Sent an email inquiry and got a response that a letter to invite me to the next ceremony on 30th of Aug has been issued:-))))

Anyone knows where is the ceremony????
Congratulation knapps
A small question did you receive any letter (3 weeks ago) like the one below

'I am now writing to let you know that your application is currently being processed and will be progressed to a final decision as expeditiously as possible. In that regard, the Minister for Justice, Equality and Defence has indicated that it is expected that significant inroads will be made with remaining cases in the naturalisation backlog by year end.'

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:53 pm

a friend of mine got the same letter as quoted above. he applied in 2009 and still waiting

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:48 pm

With the GREATEST REGRET the email they sent me was an error. Soon after they sent me another email giving the usual response ,under process' . Yes, it is under process for the last 6 months:-((((((

I was happy and then my happiness died.

I am not lying , I got a response from them again apologizing for the error.

ks2010

Post by ks2010 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:21 pm

knapps wrote:With the GREATEST REGRET the email they sent me was an error. Soon after they sent me another email giving the usual response ,under process' . Yes, it is under process for the last 6 months:-((((((

I am not lying , I got a response from them again apologizing for the error.
I am sorry to hear that
Unfortunately Irish and EU spouse are in the low priority I have a friend who applied 01/2009 still waiting, my wife 10/2010 and she recieved the letter "Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.
I told her with pace of approval for EU and Irish spouse we will be happy if she is in June 2013 ceremony

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:04 pm

[quote="knapps"]With the GREATEST REGRET the email they sent me was an error. Soon after they sent me another email giving the usual response ,under process' . Yes, it is under process for the last 6 months:-((((((

I am not lying , I got a response from them again apologizing for the error.[/quote] you might still have chances to attend the citizenship ceremony.they invite 4000 people for citizenship ceremony at convestion centre on 30 aug 2012.if somebody dont want to attend they have approvals on standby i hope what i want to say........so good luck i hope u will send them email again ask them for clarification error.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:45 am

ks2010 wrote:Unfortunately Irish and EU spouse are in the low priority
There is no such thing as naturalisation based on marriage to an EU national.

ks2010

Post by ks2010 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:35 am

Ben wrote:
Call the helpline and to hear the option Spouse of Irish, the only difference between EU and Irish spouse is the 5 years residency instead of 3 years but the process of the applications is the same "slow track" and most of the outstanding 09 and 10 applications are for those 2 categories

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:03 am

ks2010 wrote:
Ben wrote:
Call the helpline and to hear the option Spouse of Irish, the only difference between EU and Irish spouse is the 5 years residency instead of 3 years but the process of the applications is the same "slow track" and most of the outstanding 09 and 10 applications are for those 2 categories
Spouse of Irish national is a category, five years reckonable residence is a category. There is no such category as spouse of EU national.

If a person is applying under the five years reckonable residence category and is also married to an EU national, this is merely incidental.

ks2010

Post by ks2010 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:15 am

Ben wrote:
ks2010 wrote:
Ben wrote:
Spouse of Irish national is a category, five years reckonable residence is a category. There is no such category as spouse of EU national.

If a person is applying under the five years reckonable residence category and is also married to an EU national, this is merely incidental.

The point you are missing is that most of the applications 09 and 10 in the backlog are those who applied as Irish spouse or 5 years reckonable residence based on EU member family
We put Irish and EU spouse in the same basket because it is a fact that their applications still in process even after 23 months
For example I sent in the same envelope my application and my wife 10/2010 and she is still waiting even I got mine on 07/2011