ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Threat of Deportation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mohammed1966
Newly Registered

Threat of Deportation

Post by mohammed1966 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:37 pm

Would apprecaite some help, got stopped by police whilst driving becuase of driving offence faulty brake light bulb, police men asked for some ID so showed them my british passport which i normally keep with me when travelling, they asked me how long I had been in country and how long i had been working made mistake of telling them I had only returned back to work after 2 month break due to appendix operation, also told them had worked for 22 years full time, they then went away checked my details and then advised me that i may have broken my right to abode as i had received medical treatment / benefits whilst not working and they were going to report me to home office. Didnt no it was a offence to receive treatment when not working, one of police man said i could get deported, been worried sick now for some 4 weks cant sleep or concentrate at work. Can some one advise if i should wait until police / home office write to me with decesion or should i write offering my apologies for my mistake.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:49 am

This a wind-up isn't it?

Are you really a British citizen? You've lived in the country for 22 years and you don't know your rights to healthcare and benefits?

And of course, like all long-standing British residents, you always carry your passport wherever you go.

Pull the other one.

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:24 am

You have committed a serious offense of claiming benefits and medical help of which you are entitled to as a British citizen.You are lucky you haven't been sentenced to life in prison instead they are going to deport a British citizen.

There is no way out out of this i am afraid the law is very clear British citizens are not allowed medical treatment in their own country.

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:33 am

Where we are heading.... :twisted:
The question is... to be or not to be....

amycompton
Newly Registered

Post by amycompton » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:56 am

Threat of deportation 'increases spread of TB". Generally I think it's a good idea to remove the threat. They've grown up here and been educated here. By deporting them we could be losing valuable members of society.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:14 pm

This thread is becoming increasingly bizarre. Mohammed...you have nothing to worry about.

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:16 pm

Can someone tell me this....

In certain contries, you need to give away your citizenship when you get British Citizenship. In such cases, they are no longer the citizen of previous country.

How would they deport such person. Can the country of birth refuse to take responsibility of the criminal.

Sorry to hack this thread, but thought it could be the case with OP.

And I don't mean OP is a criminal. It was just an example. I totally agree with MOD here. If someone has committed a fraud with benefits, i doubt he gets deported if he is a british citizen.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:30 pm

I'm going to close this thread as it's going nowhere. The OP (Mohammed) probably came up against two policemen who were having a bad day. :?