ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in ILR PEO Premium Service Application in Croydon Off

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

virgo2012

Post by virgo2012 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:10 am

dear foopai
pls confirm
where u applied for your application
when u applied
what was your application
what time you rcv call today

virgo2012

Post by virgo2012 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:11 am

dear ffpai congrates too

virgo2012

Post by virgo2012 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:19 am

dear foopai
what set(o) application was yours, i mean tier 1 or wp......

Zak149
Newly Registered

FLR M Peo timeline (IT Issue)

Post by Zak149 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:00 am

Here is timeline of my spouse
Applied on PEO:3rd July 2012
Decision not been made cuz of problem
In their IT system(HO),I was told HO will
Let us know the decision over the ph.
Received a call today from HO,flR m been granted.
I requested the HO to post the documents.
Now I m going to apply set m straight way,
My spouse don't have to wait further 2 years.
I have peo appointment on 14th August in Croydon.

kkay_30
Newly Registered

Re: FLR M Peo timeline (IT Issue)

Post by kkay_30 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:04 am

Zak149 wrote:Here is timeline of my spouse
hi Zak,
Congrats on getting the good news. quick question. Could you please let me know what time your appointment was on 3rd July? and which PEO?
My appointment was on 3rd July at Croydon PEO at 3 20pm. I still havent heard back. so beginning to worry now if it means its bad news or whats happening...!!!

Rohaya74
Newly Registered

Post by Rohaya74 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:09 am

Hi Zak,

First of all congratulations. I too, applied on the 3rd of July at PEO Croydon. Straight forward application SET M. Same issue IT problem, hence they couldn't process the case on the same day. The lady who took my application said my biometric is fine its just that they couldn't process further because of the IT. She took my documents ( well organized) both originals and photocopies along with my passport, and said they will be in touch within 2-3 days and wanting me to come and collect the documents instead of them posting over. ( I sent every all of the documents requires covering 2 years)

It has been 3 days now, but I've yet receive call from them.

missgolightly

July 2nd

Post by missgolightly » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:39 pm

hello everyone, I had the same problems as everyone is describing, my appointment was Monday July 2nd at 12:30 and had all my biometrics but at 5:00 I was told to leave my documents and they would call me. I was told by one person it was an IT problem, but someone else said they just had too many cases to handle.

My lawyer says that alot of people are rushing to apply as new guidelines go into place on Monday July 9, but as you need to make these appoitments five weeks in advance, I don't see how there could be a "rush". You don't just turn up.

I was told the same happened to everyone on Tuesday by Wed and Thursday everyone was fine.

My lawyer said this can happen and she expected me to get a call within 48 hours, which I haven't. I called the number they gave me to follow up which was an absolute waste of time.

I am sure all will be fine but they have my passport and I've heard bad stories about the home office losing stuff so I'm nervous. I also paid £1400 for same day service and just can't believe we are treated this way.

Could everyone post as soon as they hear back? I was 5th in the queue in the afternoon on Monday so don't understand why it's taking so long, I am a SET (o) ILR for Tier 1 General, totally straightforward file.

I'll also be complaining in a big way and encourage all of us to do so, I think there should be a story on Channel 4 news about how understaffed they are and probably don't mind because we are immigrants!!

virgo2012

Post by virgo2012 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:54 pm

Hi misgolightly
i was there in croydon off on 2nd july amy appt was on 1245, probably we have met there, are you the one who spoke to my wife that they even ven didi not given you the no to contact untill you asked from them and then they give u the number.pls confirm yourself .

missgolightly

Post by missgolightly » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:12 pm

Hello! I'm not sure it may have been me, I am the very tall loud Canadian (you may have mistaken me for an American as many people do) and I was at counter 8 very frustrated and upset.

They did tell me if there were any minor queries or issues witht the file they would call me, and that files don't get rejected for small things only major items. So anyone worried about that, maybe this can ease your fears a little.

I made friends with Ron who is an agent and is there nearly every day and have been emailing him this week for reports. I am hoping he can try and find out something about my file but it's not clear if that is possible.

I am seriously outraged over this whole thing, it has been going on for months and we are paying a small fortune for no service. After this is over and I hope soon (I am well jealous of the guy who got his answer already and his apptmt was on Tuesday) I intend to launch many complaints and get in touch with Watch dog, channel 4, etc. They usually love a good story about government incompetence. If queues at heathrow can be headline news, than so should this!!

virgo2012

Post by virgo2012 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:40 pm

misslightly
i recon u , i saw u there with urs tier1 app. i can recon ur canadian accent , may be u recon me as well if you were not toooooo frustrated , i was wearing pink tie with black shirt , french pencil cut beared.anyway thats not important , important is how we deal with this frustrated situ?when we get phone call from ukba? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

virgo2012

Post by virgo2012 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:50 pm

my friend went to croydon on 26th june 2012 with having premium appointment at 10a.m. he applied for ILR with Set O work permit application He came out at 11.30 am with his ILR and his Biometric arrived on 28th June at his home by post.
so the problem only started from 2nd July.

missgolightly

Post by missgolightly » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:18 pm

I am trying not to freak out yet, but I feel like I'm holding my breath. I guess i can only really start to panic after it's been a week as they said a week, which is tuesday.

there are posts about this exact thing happening in March, so this isn't new and we all saw the headlines in May about it. My friend when for the same as mine in early June and had no problems at all so it does seem this is a July 2 (afternoon only) and July 3rd problem.

my lawyer was also very surprised when I told her, and she's not worried so let's just hope it's sorted soon.

but I really want to know when everyone else gets theirs as it will give me hope!!

I am not kidding about complaining, I will be sending emails and letters of complaint. But I do love complaining. :)

have a good weekend everyone!

Zak149
Newly Registered

Post by Zak149 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:39 pm

Rohaya74 wrote:Hi Zak,

First of all congratulations. I too, applied on the 3rd of July at PEO Croydon. Straight forward application SET M. Same issue IT problem, hence they couldn't process the case on the same day. The lady who took my application said my biometric is fine its just that they couldn't process further because of the IT. She took my documents ( well organized) both originals and photocopies along with my passport, and said they will be in touch within 2-3 days and wanting me to come and collect the documents instead of them posting over. ( I sent every all of the documents requires covering 2 years)

It has been 3 days now, but I've yet receive call from them.
Thank you all

Hi, i have recieved call from HO on Friday morning 10:30 And i been told by lady on the phone that my spouse Visa has been granted.She asked Me that shall we post it or you are going to collect it.My appointment was at croydon 1:25pm afternoon on 3rd of july.When i submit my application ,i told them that i would travel soon.

missgolightly

Post by missgolightly » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:48 pm

Hi Zak, can you clarify what application form this is? I don't understand why people from Tuesday are hearing back before people from Monday. Maybe they are doing it by type of application. when does your spouse's leave expire? Maybe they are prioritizing by expiration date.

I didn't however make an excuse about travelling, as that's not true, but I did say my leave was expiring in a couple of weeks and they said I would.

thanks for letting us know!!

Zak149
Newly Registered

Re: FLR M Peo timeline (IT Issue)

Post by Zak149 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:56 pm

kkay_30 wrote:
Zak149 wrote:Here is timeline of my spouse
hi Zak,
Congrats on getting the good news. quick question. Could you please let me know what time your appointment was on 3rd July? and which PEO?
My appointment was on 3rd July at Croydon PEO at 3 20pm. I still havent heard back. so beginning to worry now if it means its bad news or whats happening...!!!
THanks

Hi, my appointment was on friday 3rd of july at 1:25pm... i had same day Peo..I had heard back from HO yesterday morning at 10:30am and i got my spouse visa.i had same IT problem issue on 3rd of july.

missgolightly

Post by missgolightly » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:50 pm

Hi sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. I am applying for Tier 1 General Indefinite Leave to Remain with form SET (O) and my leave expires on July 26th.

Would you mind saying which kind of scheme you are applying under and when leave expires? I am just trying to understand what order they are approaching files as clearly it's not in order of appointment time, otherwise Monday would be first to hear.

I am also just hoping they haven't lost my file or have a problem with it.

thanks so much!!![/quote]

Thought_Oasis
Newly Registered

Post by Thought_Oasis » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:30 pm

Just my 2 cents here...

Quite honestly- the shambolic experience on the 4th was also reflective of the ORDER in which the applications went. Our numbers were called first for biometrics- and probably 3rd last for actual submission.

I wouldnt be surprized one bit if this continues and all the people (after) me get the call. Sod's law is usually very kind on me anyways!

Furthermore, the general 'meekness' of the premium applicants there was such a sad sight to see. No one my group seemed to complain or raise an issue. Infact they graciously accepted this grave error & lack of courtesy on PEO's part. I was the only one thay showed disdain because it was utterly incomprehemsible what they were doing to us.

now traversing as a pendulum / yoyo of sorts awaiting to hear something.. anything really from them. And talking about complains.. im coming up with a strategy.. hope to find some takers on this forum. United we shall stand amigos! keep us posted of of your individual progresses. The very best of luck...

missgolightly

Post by missgolightly » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:37 pm

Hey Newbie, I was definitely up in arms on the 2nd and made it be known more than once that the utter lack of information we were being provided with from the start of the process and then being sent home after paying £1377 for a clearly much needed same day service with virtually no means to follow up, was UNACCEPTABLE.

Few other people caused a scene, but then again, nobody every does anywhere about anything around England....and I sometimes wonder if being calm ends up being a better approach.

Anyhow, I digress. I didn't realize the problems were on the 4th as well, thought only the 2nd and 3rd. I am extremely interested in making a huge class action complaint and creating some kind of storm around the complete and utter incompetence of this government agency. Just keep in touch on what you're thinking...

I do however believe we will hear soon!! Hang in there.

virgo2012

Post by virgo2012 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:40 am

hi guys
good luck to all of you
do not when we get reply from home office , be patient for positive replysoon.

Rohaya74
Newly Registered

Post by Rohaya74 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:52 am

Hi all,

Not a single call from HOme Office yet, although the office who took my documents said, they will be in touch within2-3 days. it has been 4 days (working days) no call from them! I'm fuming!!! We are the victims of their incompetence and this is unacceptable.

Please keep us posted if any of you receive any call today.

All the best and God bless all of you.

Still_Waiting
Newly Registered

Post by Still_Waiting » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:05 pm

Hi,

Just to add my situation to this. I had my appointment 11am on July 3rd. for ILR via the Set (O) Ancestry route.

Left my docs and was told they couldn't confirm how long it would take to hear from them, and am still waiting for any information.

My current Visa expires 14/07/2012

After coming across this thread, I'm pleased I'm not the only one! Will post an update when / if I hear anything more.

ananthahari

I'm also waiting for the status

Post by ananthahari » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:22 pm

I have attended on 4th july. They have collected my papers and said that they will update my status later over phone. still waiting for the status.

missgolightly

Post by missgolightly » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:28 pm

Hello everyone!! Okay I have some good news but it's a bit odd. I have not received any call or notice from the Home Office, however I made friends with an agent who is there daily and he has followed up for me and says my leave has been granted!

I'm extremely happy, although confused why I haven't had a call. I told them to post myfile back to me so that might be why they haven't called me as they don't need to ask me.

Anyhow, this is great news and it has been a week which is what they had said, so I am pleased (although I'll be more pleased when I have official notice and my passport in my hands).

Hang in there everyone, we're going to be okay! I've complained to the home office, which is kind of waste as I got an auto reply. I am going to complain again demanding some money back as this is not same day service, as well as some of the rude service I received on the day. I encourage all of you to do so as well. I also intend to write letters to alot of concerned groups.

I will continue to update you all when I receive my actual file and passport.

Stay strong!!

aummar
Newly Registered

Post by aummar » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:06 pm

I applied for ILR on 12th June and faced a similar situation like you guys (IT issues) where documents were returned but orignal passport was kept, got my passport back within a week but still waiting for my BRP card. I have emailed BRP delivery team but they are unable to help and are saying that there is a production/technical issue. I will appreciate it if those of you who have received their grant letters can also post BRP receipt dates.

RATATOLLY
Newly Registered

Post by RATATOLLY » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:23 pm

I had the same experienced went on the 3rd of july, ILR set M (spouse)
*payment made registered in system
*biometrics done
*provided documents /passports (originals and photocopies )
and was also told they cannot process my application and will receive a phone call for the decision on my application because of the computer problems.
...its been about 6 days now and never heard anything from them , I am a bit fobed off travelling all the distance to Croydon , paying all that money and received a heart warming 2nd class service! !